Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Would be nice to have a button on the wheel or by the shifter that allowed you to cycle through one of the N custom settings (specified by you).

I can pretty much get by with most settings in one position but for some reason I keep wanting to turn the als off when not needed.

Or as mentioned above a 2nd N Custom would be great.
I have my car dialed in for exactly where it needs to be for my cities driving conditions in the custom settings now. What I want a second Custom setting for is so I can have the same set up but different exhaust volumes... specifically for when passing school zones/construction/police checkpoints.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have my car dialed in for exactly where it needs to be for my cities driving conditions in the custom settings now. What I want a second Custom setting for is so I can have the same set up but different exhaust volumes... specifically for when passing school zones/construction/police checkpoints.
Yeah I have a similar issue of wanting to toggle the engine setting multiple times while driving, but the rest of my settings I pretty much leave alone. Was thinking if there was a button on the wheel I could program to toggle my engine setting between normal and sport+ but you could program that same button to toggle your exhaust setting instead.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah I have a similar issue of wanting to toggle the engine setting multiple times while driving, but the rest of my settings I pretty much leave alone. Was thinking if there was a button on the wheel I could program to toggle my engine setting between normal and sport+ but you could program that same button to toggle your exhaust setting instead.
Wouldn't that be great? There is a button on the media panel that is customizable for the infotainment unit. I wish there was a similar setting for toggling through a single feature of the N customizer. Get on it Hyundai!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not a huge fan of the shiny black plastic on the exterior. Two careful car washes and this stuff has micro scratches. I am not sure how it will age. I think it might be cool to have it dipped or painted. Not sure what color I would go with.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like the attention this car gets. It has a nice stance and enough brawn to stand out. Most don't recognize it as a Veloster or even know what it is. It is exceedingly rare. My WRX got zero attention, even tho it was a badass car. I do wish this was AWD. It would be a jack rabbit with it. It is has disappointing 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers, but is sooo fast in corners. love it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Likes - Immediately loved the huge cavernous storage area right in front of the shifter. I can fit everything in there! The performance - haven't gotten the grin off my face yet.

Dislikes - I'm always planning ahead and pull my seatbelt off when I enter the neighborhood. No longer! The thing doesn't just give 50 dings like my wife's lexus, it never stops!! What in the world, no garage door opener??lol

·
Registered
60 Posts

No joke man...give the next gens at least two settings and this car lacks nothing drivability wise!

·
Registered
180 Posts
You know what I don't like about this car:

1- 55-53 OEM offset means that when I put 40 offset tires on for winter (I cheaped out on winter wheels) there is just enough poke to make the car constantly dusty.

2- the dang steering wheel has been off center since purchase. I am getting it taken care of next weekend, but it's honestly slowly driven me crazy, now the like quarter inch of improper centering seems like an f'ing mile in my mind. Easy fix, but I swear the car was gaslighting me.

·
Registered
111 Posts

I suppose I don't really understand the need for a second N Custom in situations like that. One tap of the left drive mode button will take you right into normal mode for construction/police. For construction zones at least, I'd think the only thing you'd need is the normal suspension. Haven't seen a construction worker yet who doesn't appreciate a nice exhaust note. For school zones, don't really see a need to switch because again, kids like hearing the pop crackle noise, at least I did when I was a kid.

Regarding the police, while I was test driving a Veloster N last weekend, it went pop pop as I was shifting right as a police car drove by. He never even looked at me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
In a perfect world I would just have 4 custom settings and drop the left button. I could make my own eco, normal, sport and N mode

·
Registered
180 Posts
I suppose I don't really understand the need for a second N Custom in situations like that. One tap of the left drive mode button will take you right into normal mode for construction/police. For construction zones at least, I'd think the only thing you'd need is the normal suspension. Haven't seen a construction worker yet who doesn't appreciate a nice exhaust note. For school zones, don't really see a need to switch because again, kids like hearing the pop crackle noise, at least I did when I was a kid.
Lucky you, I've been pulled over with the old "modified exhaust" reason. In fact my reason for construction/school zones is actually also police, they like to camp there and make sure you are going the 30km/hr. Easiest places to find a ticket in the city.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lucky you, I've been pulled over with the old "modified exhaust" reason. In fact my reason for construction/school zones is actually also police, they like to camp there and make sure you are going the 30km/hr. Easiest places to find a ticket in the city.

Should be an easy ticket to beat showing that the car is completely stock, but yet again, simply pushing the drive mode button sticks it in Normal mode, reducing the lovely noises it makes, and setting the suspension to normal as well.

Wouldn't that do the job just fine vs a second custom setting? Just takes two taps back to get to N Custom once you're out of range of the police.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Should be an easy ticket to beat showing that the car is completely stock, but yet again, simply pushing the drive mode button sticks it in Normal mode, reducing the lovely noises it makes, and setting the suspension to normal as well.

Wouldn't that do the job just fine vs a second custom setting? Just takes two taps back to get to N Custom once you're out of range of the police.
They never wrote me a ticket, just pulled me over, I showed them a youtube video demonstrating that the car is build this way, and I was on my way.

Changing to normal is what I do now... but wouldn't one button press be better than two?!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, isn't it one button press to go to normal? And you'd still have to cycle through your multiple n customs to get back. Not really an issue from my point of view. Glad they didn't ticket you too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well, isn't it one button press to go to normal? And you'd still have to cycle through your multiple n customs to get back. Not really an issue from my point of view. Glad they didn't ticket you too.
I see absolutely no reason why my dash can't look like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Every time I see the C8 my heart races uncontrollably... and of course by C8 I mean the Spyker C8. Look at the shifter?! Imagine flipping an actual physical toggle for N mode!

I'm not sure what I'm going to attach to it, but on my 1997 Thunderbird build I will have a "Danger!" labeled safety switch eventually.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts

Regarding the police, while I was test driving a Veloster N last weekend, it went pop pop as I was shifting right as a police car drove by. He never even looked at me.
I really wish a 2nd custom mode was available. It's easy to flip into normal, but I prefer sport steering and cannot get that in normal. I would have to completely rearrange all my custom settings except suspension, which I keep in normal in custom. I'm not a fan of going in and out of 6 different menus to basically get normal mode with sport steering. It's kinda bullcrap.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I really wish a 2nd custom mode was available. It's easy to flip into normal, but I prefer sport steering and cannot get that in normal. I would have to completely rearrange all my custom settings except suspension, which I keep in normal in custom. I'm not a fan of going in and out of 6 different menus to basically get normal mode with sport steering. It's kinda bullcrap.

I really don't see the big deal still.

If for whatever reason you feel you need to disable the exhaust sounds, a quick tap to normal for the minute or so it takes to get past the police car/construction/school/whatever then a quick tap tap back to N-Custom seems to be a pain free thing.

Say we had several different custom modes, it's still a bunch of pushes of buttons and memorization to get back where you want to be. With the two custom modes, you can have the easy access to "stealth" mode in normal, and you can quickly tap back to N-Custom with the rice krispy exhaust, sport steering, and normal suspension. With multiple "custom" modes, you have to remember what settings you put on which custom mode, etc. Seems more of a hassle to me than the brief jump to Normal for whatever reason.

I don't worry about police pulling me over for it going pop pop though. The minor inconvenience of being pulled over for that (because the most I speed on regular roads is 5mph over, and NEVER in neighborhoods/city streets, only highways/freeways/back roads) and I patiently explain that the car is on factory exhaust. If they choose to be a tough guy and write me a ticket anyway, I'll take it to court and prove that it's stock and unmodified. I'll eat that court time to prove the point. I doubt it'll happen, but it is what it is. I don't tolerate buffoonery well. I especially do not tolerate abuse of authority either. The car passed all federal noise and emissions requirements as is. The non PP's do all the pops and crackles by default as they don't have the adjustable flap. So, let them write me a ticket for it sounding fun. Let's see how it goes.

When I do pick mine up, my idea is that any time there's no snow on the roads I'll be in N-Custom. When there is snow on the ground, I'll be in either Normal or if there's lots of fresh snow, Eco to tame the throttle response even more.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts