Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can share a few things about your ownership of the Hyundai Veloster N, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one. :smile:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I agree, love the exhaust and handling. The rev matching and brakes work well, the lsd is perfect. Features for the money are right on. I'd probably prefer it be a 4 door just to shorten the drivers door but 3 makes it unique and I don't ever actually need or want that 4th door.

I like the exterior looks, the led lights, the gauges and infotainment and appreciate the manual trans. Love the adjustability offered by N custom. I'm actually ok with the interior, it's functional and any improvements to it would increase weight or cost. Blind spots are a little bigger than I expected but still adjusting. Clutch, shifter and steering "feel" could be a little better but definitely not a complaint.

The biggest thing I'd like changed is the power delivery. I prefer cars that feel best running up to redline and while this theta has good power and a broad curve I would enjoy it more if it were moved up the rpm range slightly, even at the expense of low rpm torque.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Interior bits like seats and door panels could be a little nicer but the rest of the car is so good, I can't complain. Functionality wise, for a $26k car, I'm thrilled with it. Base car, non PP.

One little thing, I'm recovering from major shoulder surgery on my left side and that long driver door is a little challenging but I'm healing:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Couple things missing for me:

-heated seats (love heated seats when my back is aching and the Canadian model has it)
-heated mirrors (takes forever to clear them in the morning)
-collision avoidance - granted I've never owned a car with this, but if the R Spec can have it, then why not the N? With all the young bucks that will own this car and drive beyond their ability it would save lives. I get it, they wanted to keep the price point down and the competition doesn't have it either. Still.
-better radio - the speakers have nice base but otherwise sound cheap to me. Oh, and no HD radio? It's 2019!

·
Registered
47 Posts
After some thought, something else I don't like about the VN is that everyone wants to race or be a punk a$$, I had 3 different people messing with me yesterday on the way home from the mall, wtf?!?! The street isn't a racetrack!! Rant over:)

·
Super Moderator
968 Posts
I totally agree; everyone wants to race!!! It's so annoying with me being almost 49 years old. I guess this is my mid life crisis car. I think you can say that about the last 4 cars I have owned. LOL... The things I don't like are: well nothing, except excessive brake dust. Things I like: EVERYTHING! I love this thing. It's like having another favorite pet! Ha, ha....

-Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
I totally agree; everyone wants to race!!! It's so annoying with me being almost 49 years old. I guess this is my mid life crisis car. I think you can say that about the last 4 cars I have owned. LOL... The things I don't like are: well nothing, except excessive brake dust. Things I like: EVERYTHING! I love this thing. It's like having another favorite pet! Ha, ha....

-Mike
What are the odds, my name is Michael and I'm almost 49!! Like you, there really is nothing I don't like about this car!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm 54 and loving it.
Miss not having a sunroof.
Sometimes miss the power of my Gen Coupe.
The N handles and stops better than the Genesis even though it had Brembo brakes.
You can keep hd radio and Sirius the exhaust makes my kind of music.

·
Super Moderator
968 Posts
Wow! I guess I'll call you my forum brother / twin! Ha, ha... Yeah, this car rocks!

-Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
^^^ you guys are great. I actually am quite amused by the attention it gets from people revving at you or just feeling the need to pass aggressively. I wish more people noticed it actually, maybe it is just where I am it flys mostly under the radar.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm 54 and loving it.
The N handles and stops better than the Genesis even though it had Brembo brakes.
Genesis is making an even stronger coupe in the G70 for 2020. 3.3T 365 HP with great performance possibilities.:grin: With the exception of poor resale value.:sad:

https://www.motor1.com/news/317504/genesis-g70-coupe-render/

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm 54 and loving it.
Genesis is making an even stronger coupe in the G70 for 2020. 3.3T 365 HP and AWD, with great performance possibilities.:grin: And poor resale value.:sad:

https://www.motor1.com/news/317504/genesis-g70-coupe-render/

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lots to like with this car that is good both as a daily driver during the week and a fun driver on the weekend. Only three downsides that I've found...

- non-removable rear headrests that take away some of already limited rear vision
- driver side seat belt extender - no way it doesn't break over time
- haven't figured out how to unlock passenger side doors from the outside when car is running

·
Super Moderator
968 Posts
It reminds me of an Aston Martin DB9 a little bit. Very nice!

-Mike

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wwkk hwea my 2cents. i wanted the car from the very first few rumblings and rumors. i was in the dealership getting my 15 r-spec serviced and it came in on the truck. i looked at the price and bought it. i really love this car i thought my r-spec was fun but this car is the best of both worlds for me . It may not be the fastest and sure as birds crap on windows the nest generation of all the other cars will make there better just in the hope that they can dominate the N but they cant make theirs as much fun to drive as the N . The only thing i was disappointed about was no cd player everything else is just great . I've never been impressed with jazzed up interiors leather makes my butt sweat and you have to get special stuff to clean the special interiors , I don't need that headache the interior of a car should be easy to clean and maintain more time to enjoy the ride. weather you are serious competion racing or just out to have a good time this car can deliver it . **** of a good job Hyundai

·
Registered
128 Posts
Lots to like with this car that is good both as a daily driver during the week and a fun driver on the weekend. Only three downsides that I've found...

- non-removable rear headrests that take away some of already limited rear vision
- driver side seat belt extender - no way it doesn't break over time
- haven't figured out how to unlock passenger side doors from the outside when car is running
If the car is locked when running, you won't. Try pushing the little black button twice on the drivers door. Might be an anti-highjack feature. I know you can set the doors to lock only when the N is actually moving, not when putting in gear. To do so is in the users menu between the gauges.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I truly don't like the third door and just wish it a two door. That is it. The rest for the money is spot on and in many areas exceeds my expectations.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts