Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an xforce downpipe off summit racing because it was half the price of the Afe. As everyone knows the instal is a PITA. Did it on my lift with my diesel mechanic buddy. Took us about 5 hours and a trip to auto zone. Actually didn't strip anything but it was definitely possible.
As for the downpipe, the quality is great the only problem is their o2 defouler. It restricts too much flow and throws a code. I tried the vibrant J o2 defouler because the straight one doesn't reach. The vibrant J worked without any spacer. So it is possible to run the xforce without a code. I dont even have emissions in my county but still didn't want it lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Isn’t it better if the defouler restrict as much flow as possible to not throw a code? Or if it restricts too much it also throws a code? What code are you guys getting? Mine is a P0136 code with my Depo Racing catless downpipe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you flow more through a downpipe you need to restrict some flow to the o2 sensor, but it still needs to send back a set voltage.

·
Super Moderator
1,793 Posts
J-bends work best for NOT throwing codes. Good job Bud!

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Frank83

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have gotten four CEL since installing my XForce downpipe back in May. I have the JB4 so if they come up I just clear them out. I do wonder if the 02 spacer that comes with the XForce downpipe would work better if the spacer was adjusted in or out more. To get it closer to, or further away from the exhaust flow? Since it is so easy to clear the codes I have not taken the time to mess with it. I do love the sound and power that this downpipe give though, and at a bargain price!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts