Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

X Force Downpipe Feedback

15K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Mona.N.Lisa 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to spring for a downpipe and I am leaning towards the X Force because of cost. I can get it for $515 shipped from Summit Racing.
Honestly I would prefer the SXTH if money was no object due to the ceramic coating and SXTHs reputation for quality parts. Its just that the $450 cost difference is pretty substantial.
I am looking for feedback from anyone who has the X Force as someone on FB group claims they can throw a CEL?

#4 ·
I mean NO disrespect but is it dented? Is it supposed to be like that? Glad they provided the spoof for you. Added bonus for sure.... That piping is pretty big, for sure... Good luck with the install. Let us know how it goes?

Best regards,

-Mike

#5 ·
Got it installed yesterday. The shop had a terrible time with the studs and ended up replacing all of them. I have only driven it the half hour home from the shop last night, but I will tell you it is now noisy in normal mode. I do have the resonator removed from my stock mid-pipe, though that probably doesn't make much difference. The car is LOUD in N mode and the pops are way more aggressive than with the stock downpipe. I will never be purchasing an aftermarket exhaust now. I liked how the car was stealth in normal mode and now that is only the case if you keep it under 3k rpm. At an idle in normal it is noisy and backing it in my garage it is really loud and raspy. Don't get me wrong, I love it but it for sure closed the sound gap between normal and N. Crusing at highway speed you can now hear the exhaust in normal, not a lot, but it is there. As for the performance, there is a huge difference. When doing a roll on acceleration in 2nd the tires broke loose. I'll try to get some sound clips and post them.

#16 · (Edited)
I'm thinking it's super loud because it's a 4 inch diameter tube and maybe catless.

My SXTH just came in about a week or two after ordering it. So quick. They told me thered be a delay but two week delivery is mighty quick.

I'm still waiting on my afe takeda intake. I'm nearing about 3 months from the order date. The sales clerk literally told me people aren't showing up to work to make the intake and from my jul 12 order date its now projected to be october. I asked for email receipts twice so far and nothing lol.

Here's some pictures of my SXTH. I thought it was a 100 cell cat but SXTH says it's 200 cell. Will install it once I decided to have a day off from work

Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust manifold Pipe Exhaust system
Exhaust manifold Automotive exhaust Auto part Pipe Exhaust system
Pipe Muffler Cylinder Metal

#6 ·
Well, with the down pipe you bought it's as close as a non cat down pipe as you can get. No wonder you are waking the dead with it. lol.... I bought the Afe one but that's a 3" down pipe not a 4. I am glad it went well for you. :)

Br,

-Mike

#8 ·
I was going to go with a catless version but my wife said if I do I'm not driving in it. lol.... So hence, went Afe too. lol.... I'm just installing the DP and leaving the rest of the exhaust stock unless I get a Borla or Magnaflow. Leaning toward a Magnaflow but I also like the stock one too. With that being said, that's gonna be last on the list. Looking for the performance gain as well, even with a stock cat-back.

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: SD VeloN
#9 ·
I ended up with a cat less 3.5" version after Afe took forever to ship it. I also went with the Ark 3" mid pipe too. That is entering the stock muffler. I actually like the stock muffler. It sounds good with this set up.

Best regards,

-Mike

#12 ·
Your wife may hate you once you get the downpipe installed. My car is pretty loud with the Xforce downpipe (100 cell cat) and the resonator removed. I can only imagine what having no cat in the downpipe is going to be like. I posted some videos of in on the FB groups if you are on any of those.

#14 ·
I have used the same bolt about 4 times now trying different lower motor mounts. No problems at all so far. Just make sure the nut is blue lock-tited back on nice and tight. You'll be just fine....

Br,

-Mike

#15 ·
Ya, I think I will be riding in eco quite often with the no cat version. lol.... My wife HATES my car so that's just fine by me. I purposely jerked her around the 2 times she was in it. :) This way she leaves me alone so I can do what I want to the car. ;)

Best regards,

-Mike

#19 ·
Hm, thanks for the response on this. I live in CA and don't want to have to deal with CEL when it comes time to smog this thing.

#26 ·
Thanks a bunch, I think I will follow your advice and get the downpipe first, I don't want it crazy load but do want the performance, and if it is not to bad then under 3k then I think I will be fine. I just don't wanna get the fam mad everytime I leave for work early.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.