Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N Lunar White DCT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace the stock tires out for some winter tires once winter starts to roll out again in a few months. Anyone have any recommendations on what winter tires are good and affordable and would fit the OEM rims? Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Veloster N
39 Posts
I'm going with these 225/40ZR-18 CONTINENTAL EXTREME CONTACT DWS 06 PLUS XL

edit: i just noticed you said oem wheels, not sure those are available in that size but if so they came recommended to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! In that case i’ll probably do the same but 235/40ZR19. Thanks!
Tire rack recommends 235/35ZR19. When it comes to tires and wheels i’m not too knowledgeable. Would these be ok to put on the OEM’s or would i have to worry about the calipers in this case? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2022 Racing Red Veloster N DCT
49 Posts
Tire rack recommends 235/35ZR19. When it comes to tires and wheels i’m not too knowledgeable. Would these be ok to put on the OEM’s or would i have to worry about the calipers in this case? Thanks in advance
That's the size you want for the oem wheels. No need to worry about the calipers unless you plan to downsize the wheels from 19 to 17 inches.

Reactions: JordyN

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
780 Posts
18" rims fit fine. I still have my Winterforce 2 snow tires for my Genesis Coupe on 17" rims. Those simply will not fit my VN. Rather that changing tires twice a year consider some 18" rims with snow tires on them. It's an easy change in your driveway and you won't be ripping tires on and off the same set of rims. Also 18" rims offer more protection as the roads get bad. Something to think about.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a set of 18” rims and tires I bought for my previous car. I’m planning on using those 18’s for summer and throwing some new all season tires most likely on the 19” OEMS for the winter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will be looking at getting a set of winter tires for my VN. I will be going down to 18's. Just wondering for those of us who live in Canada if anyone is using the plain black steelies on there cars and if there are any issues with these wheels ? Will the 18s fit considering the size of the front rotors. Looking forward to hearing if people are using these types of wheel for winter.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
780 Posts
I have an alternate set of rims and tires. The 18" rims fit just fine. I put all seasons on for my non-summer tire. In the mid-Atlantic it is iffy to need full winter tires. I still have my winter set from my Genesis Coupe. 18's will work fine on your VN.

Reactions: Bexiga
1 - 9 of 9 Posts