Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I live in New Hampshire and I have a 2020 chalk white performance package N. I am starting to look at winter tires and rims as I will be driving my car to work and back in the winter months and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations on tires and how small of a rim will fit on the car. With the performance package I have the larger brakes which as far as I can tell is going to make me have to run an 18" rim fir my winter tires. I normally run a smaller winter rim and was looking to see if anyone has some experience with tire/rim combos.

for reference I have been looking at the blazzik WS90 as well as some cheaper options on tirerack
thanks in advance

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can run a 17" rim with the performance package . as for what offset you need im not sure but i have seen someone with a 17" rim .. i run a 18" because i already had the rims . 225/40/18 +35 offset .. i like the way it looks more then the factory 19s .
i use a michelin pilot alpin pa4 . awesome tire .

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went with 18x8 +48 with Blizzak WS-90 225/45r18. Fits really well on PP. Attached how is looks on the car after doing a test fit. So I would recommend this size. Easy to find a 18x8 wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can run a 17" rim with the performance package . as for what offset you need im not sure but i have seen someone with a 17" rim .. i run a 18" because i already had the rims . 225/40/18 +35 offset .. i like the way it looks more then the factory 19s .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Canadia_N_, just bought a 2020 Performance Blue Veloster N Performance Package towards the end of August. Looking to get winter rubber. What size would I be looking at for a 18” rim? Looking at the Michelin PA4 tire.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes it will fit, and is the stock size for a non PP Veloster N. It is however undersized from the 235/35/19 stock on a Performance Pack Veloster N. 235/40/18 snow tire is a great fit, is a more exact interchange for the 19" wheel/tire, and should have great traction in the snow. I live in northern MN and have a Ford Focus Platinum company car. It has 18" wheels and we run 235/40/18 Blizzaks in the snow and it does wonderfully. Has every bit as much traction as my 03 RSX with 205/55/16" snow tires. Don't let the 235 width scare you. Snow tires have come a LONG way from back in the 70's where you went with as high a profile as you could get. With traction control, great tread, etc you'll do fine in any drive-able situation you may find yourself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mint. Thanks, WoodmanMN. I got also found some OEM Hyundai Elantra Sports rims for the winter. 5X114.3 bolt pattern like all Hyundai’s, but I they will fit?
I use Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD for wheel comparisons. The bore and offset do matter, but center bore is an often overlooked and critical part of getting wheels to fit. You want to make sure the center bore (or hub bore) is the same or else the wheels can mount off center which will feel as though they're unbalanced. You can get borecentric rings if needed. What year Elantra Sport wheels did you get? I used a 2018 for specs on wheel-size and the wheels are essentially interchangable. Make sure they'll clear your brakes (they should), but the offset is very close, the center bore is the same, and the bolt pattern is the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts