Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New to the forum. Will be getting my veloster N coming 26th. XD

I have question about winter tires for the car. I was able to get a set of 2012 Veloster sport stock rims. They are 18 x 7.5 +49 offset. My question is about the width of tires I should put on them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have read on the forum that 235/40/r18 is the best option to mimic stock setup radius wise. However many websites say I can't put 235 on 7.5 inch wheels.

Regards and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I personally would run a 225/40 R18 tire, the narrower tires should perform better in the winter assuming you deal with snow often

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input guys. yes i do deal with snow often in Canadian winters (South-western Ontario).

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
420 Posts
On my Genesis Coupe I went with 215 width winter tires and 17" rims. I sure wish they fit the VN! I have since put on a 225 width when I replaced them due to wear over the years. My reasoning was better bite into snow (F = P/A).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any difference in winter performance if I go 225/45/r18 instead of 225/40/r18 cos I got a killer deal on Michelin X Ice? Thanks again for the input guys.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You're going to have an outer diameter of 26". Might look silly, but as long as it fits and doesn't rub the inner wheel well...

Speedometer will be off the other way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts