Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone is selling these and wondering if anyone has them set up on their cars.

235-40-18 Bridgestone Blizzaks on 18x8.5 + 45 konig dekagram.

Just wondering about clearance on the calipers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Im parking the N for the winter and driving my overland Nissan Xterra rig. At almost 11MPG.... yeah, 11 driving at 65-70, with no acceleration off the line. Going to be different this year, that I have become accustom to the acceleration and handling of the N. But here is my winter setup....

Rear setup... 48lbs.... just for the chains, not counting the rim and wheel, which is likely close to 80lbs per corner? Thats over 200 lbs for the rear tires alone..

Front chains are the little cable chains. I use to carry these all the time due to them weighing so much less than the real chains, but now that I am hitting 100 miles a month in the summer on the X, I keep both sets with my recovery kit ready to go. And will be ready for whatever winter has to toss at me.

And my little rig. Just like the N, you do not see them fixed up rarely at all. But when you do.... they are impressive.

Super curious to see how the N owner do when there is a foot of snow on the ground. IE our brother and sisters up north.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im parking the N for the winter and driving my overland Nissan Xterra rig. At almost 11MPG.... yeah, 11 driving at 65-70, with no acceleration off the line. Going to be different this year, that I have become accustom to the acceleration and handling of the N. But here is my winter setup....

Rear setup... 48lbs.... just for the chains, not counting the rim and wheel, which is likely close to 80lbs per corner? Thats over 200 lbs for the rear tires alone..

Front chains are the little cable chains. I use to carry these all the time due to them weighing so much less than the real chains, but now that I am hitting 100 miles a month in the summer on the X, I keep both sets with my recovery kit ready to go. And will be ready for whatever winter has to toss at me.

And my little rig. Just like the N, you do not see them fixed up rarely at all. But when you do.... they are impressive.

Super curious to see how the N owner do when there is a foot of snow on the ground. IE our brother and sisters up north.
Good set of winters and we are okay. I drove a gen coupe with no winters. I hear the N is solid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts