Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tinted yet? Gonna try to get an appointment next week to get mine done. Post pics if you have tint.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boom, that red is bad ass with the windows tinted. Thats what I was hoping for. Gonna call and get my appointment tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
Yeah, I'd have to agree with that TN. That red pops with the tint on it!!! :)

-Mike

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called my window tint guy today...he's backed up 3 weeks. Dangit

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have Carbon Ceramic 35% on all windows, and I also have 70% on the entire windshield. I'll post some pics later tonight when I get the chance.

·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
Yes, please. Thank you. Here in MA the darkest I can go is 35% and nothing on the windshield unless it's a tint stripe on just the top. When I lived in FL you could do whatever the he!! you wanted. This state sucks!!!

-Mike

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im just gonna do 35% all around because this bright red draws enough attention as it does. I dont need illegal dark windows to help.

·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
I'm in the same boat. It's just ridiculous that an SUV can come with really dark windows on everything but the front windows but cars cannot do the same thing. It's very unfair! Ah, it is what it is, I guess....

-Mike

·
Registered
241 Posts
For whatever reason that link above isn’t working. Hopefully these work

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Just check with your individual tinter, for state requirements. I'm not going to tint, we had it on the RCF Sport Package and it was a really tough to see out of the side windows in the evening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't judge me but being that I live in Miami, Fl you can imagine how hot it gets here in the summers....sometimes walking out of work my N says outside temp is in the triple digits. Sooooo I went super illegal and got 5% all around, nothing on windshield though. I've had it since beginning of June and no unwanted attention yet. To be fair, Miami cops have way more things distracting them from looking at my tint lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Don't judge me but being that I live in Miami, Fl you can imagine how hot it gets here in the summers....sometimes walking out of work my N says outside temp is in the triple digits. Sooooo I went super illegal and got 5% all around, nothing on windshield though. I've had it since beginning of June and no unwanted attention yet. To be fair, Miami cops have way more things distracting them from looking at my tint lol.
Certainly not, just a notation and advisement for everyone to remember. If you travel to other states like Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, up north etc, they don't take too kindly to heavily tinted windows. Most Highway State Patrols are death on heavy tinting.

Stereotyping possibly but when they don't have anything else to write, they will on tint.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Certainly not, just a notation and advisement for everyone to remember. If you travel to other states like Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, up north etc, they don't take too kindly to heavily tinted windows. Most Highway State Patrols are death on heavy tinting.

Stereotyping possibly but when they don't have anything else to write, they will on tint.
100% agree with you and am not condoning anyone to follow in my footsteps. Just sharing my decision and will deal with any consequences (tickets) that come with it. It just helps immensely with the heat and of course privacy is unbeatable at that %. I do however think it is also very dangerous to drive at night with windows up on a dimly lit street so if weather permits I always drive windows down.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I can believe it in South Florida, anywhere in Florida actually.

This is why we opted not to put it on the VN. At night, I can't see out the windows well enough. We've got deer and allsorts of other animals that like the roads @ night!

·
Registered
241 Posts
That 5% is dark! It looks really nice though!

I would highly recommend getting your windshield done in a 70% ceramic or similar for the heat reduction! If you think about it, by not doing anything to the windshield you are leaving the largest window (heat hole) open and clear. The difference is literally night and day and the darkness is barely, if at all, noticeable at 70%.

You will thank me after, I promise.

·
Registered
128 Posts
For whatever reason that link above isn’t working. Hopefully these work
Very nice I'm thinking I'll go a similar setup with 35% all around minus the front windshield. Had 50% tint on front windshield on old 16' VW GTI I think I will go with a similar setup on the N.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts