Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting a new thread so it’s easier to find and organize.

Basic information:

14x1.25” rotors (355x32mm)
Wilwood Aero6 dust seal calipers

I’ll add to and edit this thread as time permits, but here is a picture of the mock-up:

Will eventually post up weight comparisons of the stock caliper and rotor vs the Wilwood parts.

Below is a rough template which does NOT include the required 2-3mm of air gap.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rotor rings and hat get torqued in sequence to 140 in.lbs. with Loctite “Red” 271.

Triple checked the torque on each bolt and marked them. Doubt the marks will survive the heat, but we’ll see.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N
236 Posts
Caliper is off the shelf? Any modifications to piston sizes to match the stock area/volume?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Caliper is off the shelf? Any modifications to piston sizes to match the stock area/volume?
Yes, off the shelf. Todd at TCE calculated everything and I believe it’s within 2% of stock bias. I sent him a rebuild kit for the stock front calipers and he used that to get an accurate measurement of the stock piston size.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N
236 Posts
Yes, off the shelf. Todd at TCE calculated everything and I believe it’s within 2% of stock bias. I sent him a rebuild kit for the stock front calipers and he used that to get an accurate measurement of the stock piston size.
That's cool. Are you planning to track? Would love to see feedback on track as you are more likely to get into ABS

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's cool. Are you planning to track? Would love to see feedback on track as you are more likely to get into ABS
Yes, I was hoping to have it ready to go for a track night at Road Atlanta on 06/22 but I don’t think I’ll have it done in time. So I’ll probably use the stock brakes (with Motul RBF600 fluid) for the upcoming track night.

For the Wilwood kit, going to use G-Loc R12 up front and R8 in the rear, switching to GS1 for the street up front and leaving the R8 in the back.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N
236 Posts
That would be such a perfect setup. Road Atlanta is also an amazing track to stress the brakes.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Couldn’t wait for the 3mm spacer to arrive so I used some 2.8mm washers I had laying around and checked out the fitment and caliper body to spoke gap. With a 3mm spacer I think there will be about 4mm of clearance. Wheel weights clear with about 4-5mm gap, too.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are some close-up shots of the fitment and setup.

Dust shield remains in place with no trimming needed. The rotor to dust shield gap looks bigger in the photo than it is in real life, but I think there’s plenty of room to move the rotor and caliper inward to create even better caliper clearance if there ever is a future iteration of the kit.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That would be such a perfect setup. Road Atlanta is also an amazing track to stress the brakes.
I’ve heard that too, but have no personal experience actually being on the track there; just spectating. Forecast is for rain, though, so I’m guessing everyone’s speed will be somewhat decreased.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts