Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at getting an intake but I'm curious if anyone has had any problems with warranty. I know the statement from Hyundai says that anything that messes with air fuel ratio will void the warranty. When the ECU adjusts for the intake would this be something traceable that could void the warranty? Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Short answer: No

Middle answer: Depends on what kind of relationship you have with your service advisor / service dept

Long answer: No modification can "void" the warranty of any vehicle. It is required by law for a dealer / make to bear the burden of proof that your "modification" caused whatever failure you're having, and a vehicle warranty cannot be "void" unless the title is branded (rebuilt, total loss, etc). If you install an intake and your transmission breaks, they have no reason to deny that claim. If you install an intake and ingest water through it into the engine, hydro-locking it and causing catastrophic damage. Yes they can deny the claim based on the modification. That is where the middle answer comes into play, if you have a good relationship, a service department MAY overlook modifications and perform warranty work even when the failure was caused by the owner or modification.

I also recommend you keep your stock parts, to use in case you need to visit the dealer for powertrain related warranty.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
No is correct ^;

The warranty is legitimate and inplace with dealerships and verified by Hyundai USA. You just have to remind them about it and let them know you are aware. Some will allow you to exceed what's on the track warranty but that's between you and the dealership along with the good rapport you've established with them personally. Otherwise, son't shoot yourself in the foot by being a pain in their backside. Learn to support them in anyway possible with personal advertisement and cudos when appropriate. :) (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts