Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a sidewall let go on the stock pirelli after crossing back up from grooved pavement today and I am leaning towards getting new wheels since my stockers have some clear coat lifting and I was planning to go 18's and put a high performance all season so it's more suited for the weather and bumpy roads where I am at. So I used tireracks wheel package tool and they gave me a tire size of 225/40R18 for a 18x8 wheel with a +45mm offset, but after converting the stock 235/35R19 its 25.5"x 9.3" and a 225/40R18 is actually only 25.1"x 8.9".

So I came up with 235/40R18 converting out to 25.4"x 9.3" which is a much closer match to stock, but I am wondering for those of you running this size tire if it will clear just fine on the 18x8 +45mm offset rim or is tirerack having me downsize for a reason?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In this thread, VN_Chas said he uses 235/40-18s on 18x8+50 wheels with no issue. I'd imagine that a +45 offset wouldn't be an issue either. I'm running 225/40-18s on 18x8+50 and realizing that I should've gone to 235/40 for a touch more grip (longitudinally and laterally).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the help guys I figured it would be fine from some of the pictures I've seen with other wheels just wanted some reassurance.

Now I just have to decide on a tire, leaning towards a continental DWS 06 based off past experience. I will probably sacrifice some high speed handling for tread wear plus snow and wet traction, but I figure I could always throw some dedicated performance tires on the stock wheels if I want to go to autoX events.

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
This is what I want to go with but the wife isn't fond of me buying them. lol.... So now I just have to go and do it. :)

I know they are crappy tires but I don't track the car.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update for confirmation, they fit just fine and are basically as flush to the fender as much as I would push it given my driving habits. Will get a picture up after I wash the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts