Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking around for a winter setup for my N and came across a set of 4 steelies with michelin x-ice tires. They came off a 2015 Mitsubishi rvr, just wanted to know if they would fit the N without any rubbing or brake clearance issues? They're 225/55/18 with 5x114.3 bolt pattern and hub is 67.1.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
516 Posts
The 55 aspect ratio might make those tires too big. I run 235/40R18 all season tires as my second set.

·
Registered
51 Posts
From the pictures with the bore center of the rim it looks like it won’t clear the brakes !!! because the offset looks like negative unless you add wheel hub extensions. I would just find the proper wheel !!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
With stock alignment I believe you're going to hit fender with that tall of a sidewall. I've got 225/45-18 and they're tight. Front negative camber is 2.5* helps. The jump to 55 series sidewalls adds almost a full inch in height at the radius; close to two inches in diameter. If the offset is 45 or lower I wouldn't worry about steelies but would test to make sure. With my 35 offset there appears to be a good two inches clearing the calipers on my 21. If using steelies you will also need specific lug nuts.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts