Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before I got the Veloster N my wife lectured me about fast car, tickets blah blah blah. She did have a reason to be concerned, there wasn’t a year missed in 10 that I got pulled over riding Supermotos. Only one ticket in all those years and beat it in court!
Well guess who gets pulled over first in the VN? The wife of course! Cop asks the standard “do you know why I pulled you over?” Her response “cause I was showing off my new car to my friend!” She only got a warning for 49 in a 35. Lucky this time, over 20+ years of marriage she’s had 3 moving violations (all guilty) compared to my 1 and not guilty. 😎

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
From a guy who has been married 48 years all to the same women. Be good to her and don’t give her a hard time about it.🤣 Stuff happens and it’s how we support each other during those times, which makes the most difference In our lives. You’ve been lucky🍀, no doubt.👍🇺🇸
I have not brought up our record differences. We laughed about her getting pulled over. Especially funny cause she works in law enforcement in that town and should know better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have multiple homes, or are they all under the same roof!? 😂

This is the first car I've had that my wife has no interest in driving, yet.
My wife is into the VN. When I was initially looking at the car and pondered DCT or MT? She snapped her head around and said manual! Ever since I taught her to drive a manual on a previous car shes loved it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Speaking of wives and speeding tickets... I was putting her new registration in the glovebox last year when I found a speeding ticket in there. 44 in a 30 in a known speed trap. But from looking at the date and location I knew that it was from a time that she had gone to Kohls to get black slacks for both teenager who were with her at the time.

I brought this ticket up during dinner when everyone was present. The "busted" look on the boys faces was priceless. Not only did the wife not tell me, but she had sworn them to secrecy. My whole family were co-conspirators...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speaking of wives and speeding tickets... I was putting her new registration in the glovebox last year when I found a speeding ticket in there. 44 in a 30 in a known speed trap. But from looking at the date and location I knew that it was from a time that she had gone to Kohls to get black slacks for both teenager who were with her at the time.

I brought this ticket up during dinner when everyone was present. The "busted" look on the boys faces was priceless. Not only did the wife not tell me, but she had sworn them to secrecy. My whole family were co-conspirators...
She must have paid the ticket if you could re-register the car, why leave the evidence? 😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
So before I got the Veloster N my wife lectured me about fast car, tickets blah blah blah. She did have a reason to be concerned, there wasn’t a year missed in 10 that I got pulled over riding Supermotos. Only one ticket in all those years and beat it in court!
Well guess who gets pulled over first in the VN? The wife of course! Cop asks the standard “do you know why I pulled you over?” Her response “cause I was showing off my new car to my friend!” She only got a warning for 49 in a 35. Lucky this time, over 20+ years of marriage she’s had 3 moving violations (all guilty) compared to my 1 and not guilty. 😎
Easy - "All things shall pass"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hence the warning. Lol
She does not know the officers in this town as well as the town she is employed by. She’s an animal control officer and our town contracts out their services to 3 surrounding towns that are more rural with fewer calls. She did not bring up her law enforcement connection because she hates when someone does that to her when responding to call.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts