Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Who has experience with rebuilt 2020 VELOSTER N

935 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RedVN 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2020 VELOSTER n from co parts it’s been in an accident and the side roof airbag, steering wheel air bag and the passenger seat airbag is deployed. The car for some reason does not run. It has electricity and gas. But when you hold the clutch and keep it on natural it doesn’t. It only has 24k miles. It’s not a terrible accident the engine was not touched. I’m not sure what the issue is. I heard someone was telling me it has to do something with the clutch saying when a manual gets in an accident then the clutch has some sort of lock that doesn’t allow the car to start.

#2 ·
There are too many factors dependent upon the ECU and safety systems. The engine needs to be hooked up to a Hyundai GDS to determine what they are. Only way you’re going to do this, is have it towed to a Hyundai dealer service or a private garage who services and works on Hyundais. This ^ is the best thing to do.

With the right GDS, they can read the EDR for accident info and the ECU for specific issues. Frontal collisions can cause all sort of problems unseen and unknown. With all three bags deployed, the frontal collision was over 14 mph or faster. If it was salvaged, it was most likely totaled due to chassis damage beyond repair.

Does it have a salvage title?👍🇺🇸

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.