Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking to jack up just the front of my car, having both the front wheels off the ground. Was planning to jack the car up from one of the front side pinch welds and have the tire rest onto a ramp lift(?), then have enough space to see under the front of my car to slide my jack, jacking it up from the center subframe, again I'm not sure exactly where is the best spot is. Then once the car is jacked up, I'll proceed to put 2 jack stands on the front pinch welds.

Also as an alternative method, I seen a guy on youtube ( the video of putting your car on all 4 jack stands on a VW GTI), for the front, he placed the jack stands right where the control arms starts (closer towards the front center of the car), and so, for the VN I'm not sure where I could put the jack stands in this case.

Thanks

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
734 Posts
I use the frame supports near the jacking points in the front. Never had a problem. My first winter I had the car up on four jack stands. The two rear jack stands were right on the pinch welds. The front was on the supports near the pinch welds. I am not aware of a center jacking point in the front. My Genesis Coupe had a center support ahead of the engine which was useful. Nothing like that on this car. The only cross-body support is behind the engine. I doubt that would be useful to you.

Reactions: KnightriderN

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the frame supports near the jacking points in the front. Never had a problem. My first winter I had the car up on four jack stands. The two rear jack stands were right on the pinch welds. The front was on the supports near the pinch welds. I am not aware of a center jacking point in the front. My Genesis Coupe had a center support ahead of the engine which was useful. Nothing like that on this car. The only cross-body support is behind the engine. I doubt that would be useful to you.
can you take a pic please and like highlight the area precisely lol would appreciate it. Yea I use to own an Accord, when I jacked it up from the rear pinch welds it would lift the same side front high enough so I can put a jack stand for the front pinch weld. For the VN, when you jack up the rear pinch welds high enough from one side, it lifts the other side's REAR wheels too and I don't have enough height to put a jack stand under the same side front pinch weld! lol I messed up my pinch welds a bit, to be expected.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
734 Posts
On the right is the front pinch weld. Just inside is a structural member. At the bottom is the frame stiffening brace. I have put my jack stands here from day one and never had an issue. I have a floor jack which raises the car at the pinch weld then I put a jack just inside. I welcome others to comment on this.

Black Water Wood Style Black-and-white

1 - 4 of 4 Posts