Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the 2021 VN DCT a couple weeks ago. I am currently sitting at 400 miles on the odometer and have tried to keep the RPMs between 1.5-4 thousand. I am wondering when I should get the first oil change.

The manual says 6000 miles and that seems a little odd to me since this car actually has a brake-in schedule of 600 miles. In the most clear view way possible, should I get my oil changed at 1000? 2000? or just wait for the time that the actual manual says?

I said 'clear view' way because it seems some members on this site replace fuids all the time, in my opinion. I have absolutely no problem with that because I probably drive the car differently. I do not give it 80% loud pedal every time I have to accelerate. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 PP Race Red//Fully Bolted
85 Posts
1000 miles is good imo. Gives the engine plenty of time to break in without letting it go too long.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
3K is what Hyundai considers for hard or critical use. They have a synthetic blend in the crankcase now. I wouldn't change it any sooner than 2.5K for break in purposes. After that every 3.5 to 5 K miles utilizing a 5W 30-40 higher grade in a fully synthetic.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I changed mine at 500, 1500, 5000 and then every 5000 after that. The first two were probably overkill but eh, it's not hurting anything. I think it's a good idea to change it by 1000 miles or so and then just go to your regular interval.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts