Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hey! If you wouldn’t mind. I’m trying to get a set of 19 x 8.5 + 40 wheels. Can you tell me if a 245 width tire could fit? I’m looking at getting 245/35 or 245/40. Do you know which would give a flush tire fitment to the wheel? Not a fan of stretch. Thank you. Sorry to bother!
Just off of what I saw while searching for what I wanted. I would like to point out that there are much more experienced people that can help you. I bought my setup from FitmentIndustries.com They were EXTREMELY helpful and called up several manufactures for me when they didn't have the answer themselves. If you go look at their gallery you can see what other VNs are running to get you an idea of what can and wont work.

245 would get you a flush tire to wheel.

If you are staying with Stock height then you should be fine. If you want to lower, then the 235/35 with camber.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Was just looking through some pics from this weekend at the Tail of the Dragon. 19x8.5 +45 with 235/35 on stock suspension... Not a lot of clearance under full load.
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just off of what I saw while searching for what I wanted. I would like to point out that there are much more experienced people that can help you. I bought my setup from FitmentIndustries.com They were EXTREMELY helpful and called up several manufactures for me when they didn't have the answer themselves. If you go look at their gallery you can see what other VNs are running to get you an idea of what can and wont work.

245 would get you a flush tire to wheel.

If you are staying with Stock height then you should be fine. If you want to lower, then the 235/35 with camber.
Thank you so much. I hope to get coilovers so I’ll stick with 235/35. I’ll be buying my setup from FI. I Really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had +38 and I noticed it. It got a lot better after an alignment however. But honestly man some people arent sensitive to stuff like that and will never notice it.

In this order of importance:

19x8+55
19x8.5+50 / 19x8 +50
19x8.5 +45
19x8.5 +43
19x8.5 +40
19x8 +40

+40 isnt a long way off from +45 but it is a long way off from OE. You would never notice it if you drive +40/+45 back to back but you would notice it if you drove OE and then +50 and then OE +40.

I dont think you can go wrong w/ the clypse either but if you lower it you will need around -2 to camber for clearance.

The TS 10 will never give you an issue with lowering and I think will be on point and you will notice a considerable improvement w/ tire selection and weight reduction.

With all that being said get the one you want. I have friend with +35 and 2 of them say they never noticed a difference in steering!!!! I cant understand that. But - their wheels look damn good.

-JE
I think I have finally decided on these, but I'd like to go with a 245 tire. Thoughts on that?
Automotive tire Wheel Locking hubs Bicycle part Font

·
Registered
72 Posts
At an offset of 45 that’s 10mm + the 10mm tire width difference plus the sidewall poke. You’re going to rub even on stock suspension over larger bumps

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
571 Posts
At an offset of 45 that’s 10mm + the 10mm tire width difference plus the sidewall poke. You’re going to rub even on stock suspension over larger bumps
No he won’t. Because of the 8.5 wheel and offset he moves a total of 3 mm towards the strut and the outer edge pokes out 16 mm from stock. The tire splits the difference of ten mm being 5mm on each side.

Rubbing starts at around 22mm-26mm for the outside edge of lip to be pushed out from factory.

He will still have plenty of room in the wheel gap as well.

-JE

·
Registered
72 Posts
No he won’t. Because of the 8.5 wheel and offset he moves a total of 3 mm towards the strut and the outer edge pokes out 16 mm from stock. The tire splits the difference of ten mm being 5mm on each side.

Rubbing starts at around 22mm-26mm for the outside edge of lip to be pushed out from factory.

He will still have plenty of room in the wheel gap as well.

-JE
I still believe it’ll rub over large bumps.

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
571 Posts
I still believe it’ll rub over large bumps.
I had 18x8.5 +38 with a 245/40/18 on stock suspension and it didn’t rub. That’s a larger setup than factory.

I only encountered rubbing when I lowered it and I measure it and I only need another 5mm of clearance. Which is why i tell people if you are going to lower don’t go lower than 8.5 +43 or you will need camber bolts.

If he lowers it 1.5 camber will give him plenty of clearance in all directions. If he is worried about it he can go 235/35/19 which is what i did when i went 19x8.5 +45 and lowered.

-JE

41 - 51 of 51 Posts