Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering my N from a local dealer. However, I don't like the wheels that come on the performance edition. I wanted to buy aftermarket wheels, and keep the nice Pirelli tires that come with it. My problem is that I can't find any 19" wheels that I like. Every wheel that I like comes in 18" and 20", but not 19". What are your thoughts about going to an 18" or 20" rim with this car?

·
Registered
115 Posts
well where have you checked ? tire rack has a huge selection but make sure the rims can handle what ever you intend to put them into.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked at literally hundreds and hundreds of 19" wheels. I couldn't find anything that I wanted. I went to a top notch wheel shop, and they said that the wheels I want will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just ordered Enkei Vulcans in the gloss black for mine.

VULCAN | Enkei Wheels

I bought a set of black rims (RTX Black Widow) for my winter tires and fell in love with the all-black look, so I've ordered these for my summers.

Now my challenge is trying to figure out how much the stock 19" rims are worth so I can sell them!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went with 18” wheels and have zero regrets.
How close are the 18's to the caliper in the front? Also with the +45 offset are you poking out of the wheel wells at all? Im going to throw my 18x8.5 +38 from my rx7 on, and was curious about the poke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How close are the 18's to the caliper in the front? Also with the +45 offset are you poking out of the wheel wells at all? Im going to throw my 18x8.5 +38 from my rx7 on, and was curious about the poke.
There’s plenty of room between the caliper and rim. I’d say at least half an inch.

I probably have very minor poke, maybe a quarter inch or so. You wouldn’t really notice it unless you were looking for it. That’s with a 245 tire. A 235 would probably be almost flush.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts