Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering my N from a local dealer. However, I don't like the wheels that come on the performance edition. I wanted to buy aftermarket wheels, and keep the nice Pirelli tires that come with it. My problem is that I can't find any 19" wheels that I like. Every wheel that I like comes in 18" and 20", but not 19". What are your thoughts about going to an 18" or 20" rim with this car?

·
Registered
122 Posts
well where have you checked ? tire rack has a huge selection but make sure the rims can handle what ever you intend to put them into.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked at literally hundreds and hundreds of 19" wheels. I couldn't find anything that I wanted. I went to a top notch wheel shop, and they said that the wheels I want will work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just ordered Enkei Vulcans in the gloss black for mine.

VULCAN | Enkei Wheels

I bought a set of black rims (RTX Black Widow) for my winter tires and fell in love with the all-black look, so I've ordered these for my summers.

Now my challenge is trying to figure out how much the stock 19" rims are worth so I can sell them!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went with 18” wheels and have zero regrets.
How close are the 18's to the caliper in the front? Also with the +45 offset are you poking out of the wheel wells at all? Im going to throw my 18x8.5 +38 from my rx7 on, and was curious about the poke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How close are the 18's to the caliper in the front? Also with the +45 offset are you poking out of the wheel wells at all? Im going to throw my 18x8.5 +38 from my rx7 on, and was curious about the poke.
There’s plenty of room between the caliper and rim. I’d say at least half an inch.

I probably have very minor poke, maybe a quarter inch or so. You wouldn’t really notice it unless you were looking for it. That’s with a 245 tire. A 235 would probably be almost flush.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N PP
152 Posts
I went with 18” wheels and have zero regrets.
So you haven't felt any difference in cornering with regards to handling with the 18" rims and larger sidewall?

·
Super Moderator
1,843 Posts
18X8Enkei TS-10's with a 50 mm offset. Our factory is 55 and this IS the closest one to the factory ones. I went with a 235 40r18 tire and it is 1mm different from the 235 35r19 we use so the speedo will be accurate too. Hope this helps you Bud? 10lbs lighter per corner too. Car is much faster in a straight line now.... If you need anymore info, please just hit me up.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Van Oster
1 - 11 of 11 Posts