Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, been scouring the internet for what exactly is the specs and manufacture of the OEM VN Turbo. Does anyone know how large the thrust bearings are? Thank you

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if anyone knows if the turbo is a ceramic ball-bearing or small frame steel ball-bearing that would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,793 Posts
I'd contact these guys to find out. :)

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Also if anyone knows if the turbo is a ceramic ball-bearing or small frame steel ball-bearing that would be greatly appreciated!
It's not ball bearing at all. It's a journal bearing type turbo. OEM turbos are usually journal bearing because of longevity.

They're made by Keyyang Precision. Keyyang Precision

I suspect they're just making a licensed copy of the MHI TD04 turbo family, because everything I've read says this turbo is a TD04 type.

No idea on wheel sizes. It would be nice if someone measured them and posted them up. They should be the same as a Sonata/Optima turbo but I can't even find the specs for one of those. I've also read that the turbine wheel in ours is smaller than the older Sonata/Optima 2.0T turbo, and that the 11 blade turbine wheel in their unit is an upgrade for our cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts