Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered his podcasts and YouTube videos when looking to learn more about the Veloster N. It seems like there was a lot of hype initially and plans for more parts from Bisimoto.

But then what happened? All I see on the website is a Stage 1 and 2 tune and that’s it. And on this forum there are very few mentions of him or the tune or anything else.

Seems like a great guy with real talent, and would love to have his input on this platform.

So, does anyone know what happened?

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
44 Posts
Just discovered his podcasts and YouTube videos when looking to learn more about the Veloster N. It seems like there was a lot of hype initially and plans for more parts from Bisimoto.

But then what happened? All I see on the website is a Stage 1 and 2 tune and that’s it. And on this forum there are very few mentions of him or the tune or anything else.

Seems like a great guy with real talent, and would love to have his input on this platform.

So, does anyone know what happened?
I wondered the same thing.

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
44 Posts
I sent him a DM on IG but don’t expect to hear back from him because I have no relationship with him. Hopefully he comes back with some parts and development.

Anyone know anything else?
Makes sense. I hope he responds. I reached out to TORK MOTORSPORTS two days ago and he spent 45 min talking to me and answering all my questions. Very nice guy and knowledgeable. I purchased 900 in parts from him. I could of got the same parts for 800 from gen racer but that’s seemed pretty low character considering he spent time with me.

These guys aren’t always in win win situations. People want the knowledge but not necessarily wanting to put skin in the game.

I hope you hear back from him. He also seems like a great and very busy guy.

-JE

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes sense. I hope he responds. I reached out to TORK MOTORSPORTS two days ago and he spent 45 min talking to me and answering all my questions. Very nice guy and knowledgeable. I purchased 900 in parts from him. I could of got the same parts for 800 from gen racer but that’s seemed pretty low character considering he spent time with me.

These guys aren’t always in win win situations. People want the knowledge but not necessarily wanting to put skin in the game.

I hope you hear back from him. He also seems like a great and very busy guy.

-JE
Yes, it’s good to support the people who take the time to talk to you. They are few and far between, but worthwhile to support them. Most are operating small businesses to support enthusiasts.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Bisimoto does a tune for the car but has done little else to date for the VN. Considering the Covid restrictions in CA and their focus on JDM not KDM, I can understand why. Just because they did a car for SEMA, doesn't mean they'll depart from their usual baileywick. I believe it was more of an exercise in company advertisement and marketing then in actually support KDM products .:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bisimoto does a tune for the car but has done little else to date for the VN. Considering the Covid restrictions in CA and their focus on JDM not KDM, I can understand why. Just because they did a car for SEMA, doesn't mean they'll depart from their usual baileywick. I believe it was more of an exercise in company advertisement and marketing then in actually support KDM products .:)
I’d tend to agree with you except that I’ve been listening to his podcasts and for a time he mentioned developing and selling parts for the the Veloster. But I see nothing on his website except for the tune, which I emailed them about and have heard nothing so far. Seems like he’d be a thoroughly credible tuner, but I’m guessing the market just isn’t strong enough for him to warrant parts development.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
They either expand to include KDM or they'll stick to JDM parts only. Small businesses have to take a chance once in a while with new manufacture. I understand the reluctance to invest money where there is none. However, that's what makes the difference between businesses that are simple in the business, with those who are making a difference in the business.

Personally, I'm not going to attempt to coax them with emails or requests for sponsorship, unless they're ready to actually forget about Covid and conduct business as usual. I've seen a lot of performance manufacturers do; SEMA builds but it's generally less than 50% who actually go on to mass produce or fulfill what they produce as one offs.

It's their hesitation and loss. (y)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As a brief update, I understand that CSF is working with Bisimoto to produce an intercooler for the VN. Will make a separate post on this topic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unfortunately Bisimoto has no plans in place. As stated above the only thing in play as of now are the tuning options.

His current focus is on EV's & conversions which have a 1-2 year waiting list for such work along with other things.

Reactions: Chuckable

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately Bisimoto has no plans in place. As stated above the only thing in play as of now are the tuning options.

His current focus is on EV's & conversions which have a 1-2 year waiting list for such work along with other things.
Yes, I didn’t get the impression from CSF that Bisimoto was making VN parts, nor did I ask, though. I assume they just used his car because it was available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts