Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts
Yes, I did it, with an eBay kit even. PM me if you have any questions or problems.

They are fine, it's a pain in the ass though because LED's have to be put in the right way. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES think you can do it without pulling the fuse. You cannot. Pulling the fuse is VERY easy.
So for example (the most painful example) if you are doing the mirror lights on the passenger side. Open fuse box under drivers seat and pull the 7.5A light fuse (read the diagram on the fuse box cover to see which one). walk around and sit in passenger seat. Use trim tool and pry off light fixture, pull out the light, put in the LED(Carefully, its an insanely tight fit and I broke one, the eBay seller sent me a replacement, do these last as they are the least used lights). Get out of the car, walk back around to drivers side. Replace 7.5A fuse. Light doesn't come on. Pull fuse back out. Go back around to passenger side. Pull light out, flip around and try to squeeze it back in, probably break it but if you don't replace light fixture back into roof. Go back to drivers side. Put in fuse. Light turns on. Congratulations, you have now done 1/6 lights.

The map lights are super easy... the dome light also once you realize how to pop out the cover. The mirror lights are a HUGE pain in the ass(because of the fragility of the LED's). The trunk light can be pulled out completely which is what I would recommend as it will be easier to take it apart at your desk and then reconnect it. The license plate lights were REALLY easy by comparison.

The car is MUCH brighter in the dark. However you should definitely know that the starker shadows of the white LED's are very unflattering to a... uh... backseat...... "driving partner"
Haha That is great. PM me the kit you got! Would love to do this. I have done it to all the cars I have owned and never had to pull the fuses, so this will be new. :grin:

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Probably true, I was worried about losing my settings somewhere and the interior lights are on their own separate fuse, that's why I did it this way. Can you confirm that it won't mess with the infotainment settings to turn the fuse panel switch off? I ask because I have some other work I wanted to do and this would definitely save me time and effort.
It won't, you'll retain all your setting.

I decided against running 19" Ultra Max Super Summer tires in the winter even though Atlanta has (mostly) a mild winter climate. Still, if last winter was any indication, we'll have at least 3 weeks of at or below freezing temps, which is definitely a no-go for me. I also decided to go with 18" wheels to add a bit more cushion with taller wheels. AND... I wanted wheels to be close to the same design as the stock 19s.

Here's what I came up with: 18x8 Rial Lucca (+50mm) shod with Mich A/S 3+ 225/40. I personally think they look better than the stock PP 19s (though the 19" version, I think, would "fit" the wheel-well better). It was an easy swap; no TPMS tool needed (took it for a short drive and the pressures showed on the screen after about 3 miles).

I had the A/S 3+ tires on the Genesis Coupe (twice, actually), and was extremely impressed with their performance. I'm sure I'll be just as happy with these. AND! Now I have some scrubbed tires for the track!

Edit: For those curious, the 19" PP wheels with tires weighed (on my scale) 53.4 lbs. The Rials with tires came in at 49.6 lbs.

--JamesT

Attachments

LoL. There was something above the car when I was opening the hatch, thus the pool noodle was there to protect it. I just forgot to remove it. Funny thing is that when I went to upload the pic I saw it and thought to myself, nobody’s gonna notice it... bang goes that theory.

The wheels are from a 2016 veloster turbo r spec. Size is 7.5J x 18, offset 54 (right between base N spec of 53 and pp 55).

Today, I drove mine to my local Honda dealer to pick up some all weather floor mats for my dad's 2017 Civic Si, and I watched as all the salesmen stared at my gorgeous N. Then they watched as I put the massive box into my little hatch with ease. ;)

Discussion starter · #54 ·
This dark of tint will get you in dutch with law enforcement state and local. We don't like when we can't see in the windows. Don't be surprised if a law enforcement officer comes to your car door with his weapon pulled. Such dark tint generally denotes drug usage or distribution! Just saying!

Each state has their requirements, if you go beyond them, you're subject to a fix it ticket and it make us very wary of the occupants.

This dark of tint will get you in dutch with law enforcement state and local. We don't like when we can't see in the windows. Don't be surprised if a law enforcement officer comes to your car door with his weapon pulled. Such dark tint generally denotes drug usage or distribution! Just saying!

Each state has their requirements, if you go beyond them, you're subject to a fix it ticket and it make us very wary of the occupants.
In Nevada, the legal limit is 35% in the front, but no limit in the back. I've had all my cars done like this and never been pulled over for tint specifically. In the few instances that I have been pulled over, I roll down all my windows, turn on my interiors lights and leave my hands on the wheel. I'm never looking for any trouble, haha. ;)

Installed boomba's rmm, whiteline 22mm rear sway, whiteline endlinks, spc camber bolts, and stainless steel brake lines today. Gonna be taking it to my shop to do the front caster bushings/anti-dive and alignment later today, should have it back on Monday.

Took it for a little drive around the block (I eyeballed alignment, so I don't really want to drive all that far) and **** is that RMM stiff! Didn't really take any turns quickly, so we'll see how the rest of the mods feel after the alignment -- but so far, I'm pretty happy.

Installed the lower torque mount from Boomba which really helped with the drive line lash and wheel hop and finally got the Boomba BOV installed, they make some nice stuff for sure. Next will be the CAI and upper motor mount as i just saw Turbosocks is offering a nice piece. Where are y’all getting your parts from? I’ve used Turbosocks for the mount and BOV but Genracer is where I’m ordering the intake from.

Discussion starter · #59 · (Edited)
Actually, Turbosocks doesn't have an upper motor mount or lower motor mount but Turbo Tech Racing does though. This is who they get them from. We've been working together with construction/fitment. I asked them to construct one and then provided them with the OEMs mount.

I'll have the final prototype on Thursday. Once it's fitted, and verified correct, it will be on sale thru them. https://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5618&idcategory=6362 $225.00. I'll post some photos once the fitting is verified.:grin:
Upper Right Motor Mount

Lower Motor Mount.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.