Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was finally able to get some time to clean and prep the VN and put on a ceramic coating. The DIY process wasn't too bad. Under "lessons learned", make sure you have plenty of light to see any excess you might've missed when wiping it down. Still, the process was easy but a little time consuming getting all of the edging and ...flares of the VN coated properly. I think it came out great. The uneven-ness of the paint and clearcoat is totally flat now, and truly feels like glass. I went with Avalon King's Armor Shield IX. It took me about 1 and a half bottles (I'm sure with a little more experience (read: less waste), the VN could be done using only one bottle); that was enough to do the entire body plus the front and rear windows and headlights. I should have enough to do both sets of wheels, but I'm holding off on that for now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It would look good if they had gotten it centered on the white piece. Anyway I did some trimming and it still looked like **** so I sent a complaint. They say the gonna refund me hhahaha

·
Registered
170 Posts
Lmaooo. I been looking at those stickers for the side skirts. Did you get the ones on ebay? Was wondering how the fit was. Gotta add at least 25 hp right. Lmaoo.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nah... I went with FastDecals. The dimensions of the N emblem on the hatch and front grille are too large for the embossing on the skirts. I had them scale the 3" N down to 2.6" (nominal length) based on my caliper measurements. They're still not perfect; I had to trim a bit to get it just right...

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
I put in a JBR Racing short shifter and shifter base plate bushings today! It reduces the throws by 35 percent. It took away all the slop but it is still very comfortable. Less RPM drop when shifting means I am in the boost faster. Should reduce the 0 to 60 times. One of the best mods I have done. Just wanted to share. Here's what it looks like and the install instructions.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
121 Posts
Installed the N Performance carbon fuel door and rally armor mud flaps, starting to make this thing my own!

View attachment 3230

Reactions: VeeTee and Ghost

·
Registered
77 Posts
I feel such a lightweight, but I installed a pair of LasFit LEDs for my high beams tonight. After buying the car I hit the high beams one night and thought WTF? Halogens with LED low beams? Nope.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the windows tinted all the way around to the legal limit for the rear windows. You can still see some, but not with any specificity. It's not quite as dark as the pictures make it seem. Ceramic tint that reduces heat by a large margin. It's a must in Florida.

What percent tint is it? Looks nice!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Added the CF hydro-dipped “M-Style” mirror caps. Honestly, in hind sight, I paid too much and probably wouldn’t purchase them if I could do it again, but I do like the way they look.

Reactions: VeeTee and Rem234

·
Registered
70 Posts
Added the CF hydro-dipped “M-Style” mirror caps. Honestly, in hind sight, I paid too much and probably wouldn’t purchase them if I could do it again, but I do like the way they look.
I wish they were real CF or at least match the black paint of the car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice footage, thanks for sharing. What's your camera setup by chance?
It's a headrest mount with a Hero6 Black. I'm looking at different options for next season because it's not always great video, sometimes it ends up being too much contrast and it's hard to see where I'm going.

A la, my latest video:

161 - 180 of 181 Posts