Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was finally able to get some time to clean and prep the VN and put on a ceramic coating. The DIY process wasn't too bad. Under "lessons learned", make sure you have plenty of light to see any excess you might've missed when wiping it down. Still, the process was easy but a little time consuming getting all of the edging and ...flares of the VN coated properly. I think it came out great. The uneven-ness of the paint and clearcoat is totally flat now, and truly feels like glass. I went with Avalon King's Armor Shield IX. It took me about 1 and a half bottles (I'm sure with a little more experience (read: less waste), the VN could be done using only one bottle); that was enough to do the entire body plus the front and rear windows and headlights. I should have enough to do both sets of wheels, but I'm holding off on that for now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It would look good if they had gotten it centered on the white piece. Anyway I did some trimming and it still looked like **** so I sent a complaint. They say the gonna refund me hhahaha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lmaooo. I been looking at those stickers for the side skirts. Did you get the ones on ebay? Was wondering how the fit was. Gotta add at least 25 hp right. Lmaoo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nah... I went with FastDecals. The dimensions of the N emblem on the hatch and front grille are too large for the embossing on the skirts. I had them scale the 3" N down to 2.6" (nominal length) based on my caliper measurements. They're still not perfect; I had to trim a bit to get it just right...

161 - 170 of 170 Posts