Registered
38 Posts
installed hood struts and removed the awful prop rod

took the dealer logo and Veloster badge of my hatch

Have my plate relocation from EOS.....sadly no actual plates to put on it yet

·
Registered
143 Posts
Cleaned my throttle body/butterfly valve. I had what felt like sticking throttle, so I decided to check it. I have to state, I'm only at ~14k miles. Here is before and after. This is manifold side. The turbo side was relatively clean. I'm not sure what would cause this.

Before...
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust Rim
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood Rim

And after...
Automotive tire Rim Automotive lighting Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
143 Posts
Carbon Vapor. This is where a CCV Catch Can comes into play. It’s typical of a GDI.👍🇺🇸
Such a short time though. And I have a PCV OCC.

I've driven Hyundai's exclusively for 10+ years. All were 1.6t or the 2.0t, none looked this bad ever. Especially considering the mileage. Also, they were all dry. This time it was wet. Maybe I need to invest in a better OCC.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is the CCV what most people refer to as the breather? The line that goes from the top back of the engine to the intake tube near the turbo? If so, the strange part is that the turbo blades are clean and dry, all the tubing/piping is clean and dry, and the outside of the throttle body is clean and dry as well. The only contamination seems to be inside the intake manifold.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
780 Posts
I have a Jegs oil separator on my CCV side and I removed it after almost a year because it was completely clean. I am running a PCV CC which is catching junk. Good pictures and this should get all of us thinking. Many thanks!!

Reactions: RedVN and Dantastic

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a Jegs oil separator on my CCV side and I removed it after almost a year because it was completely clean. I am running a PCV CC which is catching junk. Good pictures and this should get all of us thinking. Many thanks!!
I agree. Especially considering the outside of the throttle body was clean. I removed the cold pipe silicone adapter and looked in and saw it was relatively clean. I was about to put it back together and decided to get a plastic tool to push the valve open and look inside. I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Is the CCV what most people refer to as the breather? The line that goes from the top back of the engine to the intake tube near the turbo? If so, the strange part is that the turbo blades are clean and dry, all the tubing/piping is clean and dry, and the outside of the throttle body is clean and dry as well. The only contamination seems to be inside the intake manifold.
Might be time for a BG GDI Service as well.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
143 Posts
Might be time for a BG GDI Service as well.👍🇺🇸
Funny you say this, I've already ordered a can of the CRC stuff. I know it's not exactly the best, but it's cheap, accessible, and easy to perform. I'll run a scope before and after to see if it did ANYTHING. And if need-be in the future, I'll just do a walnut blast. I'm no stranger to walnut blasting as I have done 3 of my previous vehicles and still have all the supplies.

The BG system requires an atomizer? or a mechanic/technician with the tools. It would most likely cost more than I am willing to pay for such a service, if I could even find someone to do it

Right now, my biggest concern is finding out how to not let this happen again. Thinking I might need something better than a $20 ebay OCC.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
780 Posts
I have the CRC GDI cleaner sitting in my garage too. It is about time to get my wife out to the garage to operate my throttle and run it through. Oil change tomorrow morning and I am going to install a Fumoto valve.

361 - 376 of 376 Posts