Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
321 - 336 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you have a zero degree rotor ratchet, twist handle ratchet and a flex shaft, it’s really easy. The rotor ratchet allows the user to just twist the ratchet grip once it’s broken loose. It allows clockwise and counterclockwise rotation.

Biggest issues is; dropping the bolt itself in the under tray and having to search for it. Best thing to do is replace the bolts with Allen socket bolts, then a long Allen shaft and rotor or power ratchet can be used.👍🇺🇸
I'm just saying, I used a $15 harbor freight regular ratchet set. I used a regular ratchet wrench and a 10mm deep well socket with extension and had no trouble. I'm surprised people are having trouble with the back bolt.

I could see using an replacement Allen bolt to make it easier to use power tools. But it wasn't difficult enough to seek alternatives.

·
Banned
4,133 Posts
I understand no argument, this is just additional information for those needing a complete description. Most have little to no experience and with the right tools, it simplifies the job. I don’t want to see anyone struggle, when they don’t have to. It’s a bit of a bugger getting to the bolt, then getting it out without dropping it.

One of the biggest obstacles is to reinstall the gasket, keeping the gasket in place. Three little dots of superglue, applied to the gasket face of the inlet quickly solve any issues of keeping it in place. This way, the installer doesn’t need to juggle the bolts, gasket and inlet all at the same time.👍

One other thing that’s really important, is not to jerk around the wiring harness when uninstalling and reinstalling it to the turbocharger inlet. This can lead to other issues.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, my 2nd FedEx delivery of the day just showed up with my NGK race plugs. All I can say is holy cow! My HKS plugs must have been shot. I was surprised at how much smoother it drives now. I rushed to get them in before my kid's soccer practice, and I'm glad I did. And as someone else said, I forget who, it cracks and burbles sooo much more now. Previously in N mode, I would have to floor it and shift to get 1 crackle. Now just driving normally, I'm getting 2 or 3 between each shift. I never heard more than 1 with the HKSs. I'm not sure how plugs could make the exhaust sound that different. But I was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
734 Posts
Let us know what you think of the new coils.

321 - 336 of 336 Posts