Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
281 - 300 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Racing Red Veloster N DCT
47 Posts
This was yesterday but I waited until I could get a wash in to take a pic. I got tint, 25 on the windows and a clear uv/heat rejection on the windshield. My phone's camera makes it look a little darker than it is in person. I'll take some better ones eventually. Probably once I get it ceramic coated.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
734 Posts
With the weather warming, this morning I swapped my Rial 18's w/AS tires with the OEM 19's w/Pirelli's. I washed my Rials and they are now drying. I will reduce the pressure to 30 pounds and mark them so that I can "rotate" them in the Fall when I do my next swap. They will be stacked in the front of my garage (not touching the concrete floor) for the warm season.

·
Registered
53 Posts
my Amp was fried on my flood damage car i bought few weeks ago.Got a replacement from Ebay and swapped it out today and now i can enjoy my Radio.Also took a hr and a half road trip to score a Aem intake and Weathertech floor mats,front/back and Trunk.All for $200 bucks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah, it's behind the mesh grille, and mounted to the SXTH crash bar that came with the FMIC. I just did something similar to a friend's VT2 yesterday with a different back and bracket mounting.

·
Registered
Betsy:2019 VN PP 6MT P. Blue
214 Posts
Such a clean ride you got, Faux. Looks great! Could you link the light bar? Does it throw any usable light, or did you notice any improvement in visibility? Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here's the light bar. It's a very inexpensive unit but seems to have a solid enclosure and doesn't appear to build that much heat yet. As I like this wider dimension, I'll probably go to a Diode Dynamics bar or something else later on, possibly when I address those fake front vents. Just remember to go by the total external dimensions to clear the inner radiator shroud along with any intake modifications, such as the Velossa Tech units. I'll have to get some pics of how I cleared the intake scoop on mine.

Also, there's currently a coupon that has this at half off, so it's around $30 US right now. Just remember to use a relay to drive it. I have an outboard auxiliary power module that I'm using.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've had my eye on these light bars from jump. Wondering if a 32" would fit in the same place? If not, I could just do the 20". Whatcha think, Faux?

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's hard to say. The factory crash bar has a sweep to it and is rather thick, so it already blocks a bit of direct ventilation to the AC condenser and radiator by extension. If the light is mounted above it the bar would sit rather high, not to mention the inner radiator shroud would have to be removed or heavily notched to clear each end. Also, the brackets at each end stick out a fair bit so it might be more like 34"+ across. Now with my SXTH crash bar AND the custom grille installed, I could run a 36" bar but I'd had to do something with the inner radiator shroud. My only concern would be mounting the light (as far as bracketing to the crash bar) and if it clears the Velossa Tech Big Mouth. But if it was a choice between the bar and the Big Mouth, I'd ditch the bug catcher.

If you're still using the stock grille, I wouldn't even bother. The light would be obscured by the thick, plastic grille while simultaneously trying to melt said plastic.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you're still using the stock grille, I wouldn't even bother. The light would be obscured by the thick, plastic grille while simultaneously trying to melt said plastic.
I'm not against a little shroud fab - if I gotta. Ya, gonna get the custom grille before even attempting the install.

·
Registered
214 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Fauxfreshness

·
Registered
152 Posts
What did I do to my N today? Nothing. Well I did look into the lemon law in Minnesota because I have no ETA on a replacement transmission as it sits at the dealership entering week 2 with an empty, leaky case. If it gets to thirty days it sounds like they have to buy my car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Runnin' these streets with Betsy. 🥰 😍😘
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Wheel Tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Grille

Reactions: WingoDingo
281 - 300 of 336 Posts