Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m curious about the wet sump oil system in our cars. I had my car at a 2 day Drivers School (Road course). I used racing tires. I had no problems at all (oil temps got to 275 degrees). My question; do we have to worry about oil starvation with somewhat prolonged high g-forces? My searches for what is engineered in our engines came up empty.

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
Not positive, but I think we have sort of a factory windage tray in the pan. They do make an oil cooler for the temps if you think they are too high. AirTek and Forge make one.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike. I know about windage trays some use in Small Block Chevys. Helps to keep oil from clinging on the crank and rods I’m just not sure how much it helps keeping the oil pump pickup in oil. I did find the TCR cars are wet sump. We dont have oil pressure gauges. I’ll have to see if we have idiot lights that come on if the pump gets starved

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
Your welcome but I am in no means an expert with this platform.... Yet...lol...

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks Mike. I know about windage trays some use in Small Block Chevys. Helps to keep oil from clinging on the crank and rods I’m just not sure how much it helps keeping the oil pump pickup in oil. I did find the TCR cars are wet sump. We dont have oil pressure gauges. I’ll have to see if we have idiot lights that come on if the pump gets starved
I'm fairly certain the N is designed from the get go to be a fun driver's car, and road courses are what it's intended for.
Also, the oil pressure sensor on the car will most definitely let you know if the pressure gets below a certain set point. Not sure what that is, but it'll light up if it's not picking up oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts