Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does this noise occur after you let off the accelerator?
My issue would not.. In gear, as soon as the throttle was lifted...sound was gone completely.
Could even play with the pedal and the sound followed my foot as opposed to the engine.

Have not had the issue since unplugging the sound generator and quite enjoy added serenity in the cabin.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine started rattling on almost every drive after one month of ownership, I didn't even know this thing was installed on the car. At least it isnt played through the speakers. I took my car to the dealership to repaint my bumper due to a defect and mentioned this to them because I just wasn't finding anything online about it, only to find the solution 4 days after they had my car and did absolutely NOTHING with it. I called them up and I told them to get the bumper repainted and not to work on my buzzing sound problem. I didn't get my car back until 16 days later. Ridiculous... I am just glad they didn't attempt to work on that buzzing because that would mean they gotta rev it up, which I didn't want. I reviewed my dashcam footage of them owning it and they treated my car nice thankfully. But yeah, screw going to the dealership for anything that isn't under warranty or fixable myself. Trusted mechanics all the way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I notice some weird rattles and sounds once in a while as well. At the end of the day this is a 30k hot hatch from Hyundai with tons of plastic. I don’t expect perfect from the car. Now if I was spending 50-60k for a BMW, Audi or Cadillac I would complain.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Everyone ,
so my sound generator was making the crazy buzzing sound as well . This is only noticed with the engine in N mode / sport + .i unplugged the generator and the sound difference is extremely noticeable and i honestly dont like the way it sounds without it . it so much more boring and normal without it . Most people dont want the fake sound being pumped in but i actually love the way it sounds so i have ordered a new one .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unplugged my sound generator tonight.
SOOO much better. It actually sounds like a real car now. It eliminates so much cabin noise and I can actually Hear what my front end is doing when it's slipping.

I like it Way better this way. Maybe it's because I'm 36, but I still like the loud exhaust, so I think it's just that I don't like fake sh*t.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Unplugged my sound generator tonight.
SOOO much better. It actually sounds like a real car now. It eliminates so much cabin noise and I can actually Hear what my front end is doing when it's slipping.

I like it Way better this way. Maybe it's because I'm 36, but I still like the loud exhaust, so I think it's just that I don't like fake sh*t.

Despite being called a sound generator it's not actually generating fake sound, it's using a mic to pick up the actual engine noise and amplify it to the interior. They only do it because they put so much sound deadener in the car that you can't hear the engine properly anymore through all of it. I guess you could tear some of it out but then the car would also have all of the other annoying sounds like tire noise and wind noise along with the engine noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Despite being called a sound generator it's not actually generating fake sound, it's using a mic to pick up the actual engine noise and amplify it to the interior. They only do it because they put so much sound deadener in the car that you can't hear the engine properly anymore through all of it. I guess you could tear some of it out but then the car would also have all of the other annoying sounds like tire noise and wind noise along with the engine noise.
While I would say it's debatable whether sound that is electronically captured and then amplified elsewhere is "real" or not, I'll concede it's not entirely "fake".
What I do know is it made a very annoying rattle in my dash while accelerating that I disliked tremendously, and that I like it much better without.
What I don't understand is why they (Hyundai, and every other manufacturer that has implemented similar systems) would not make it an adjustable setting, particularly in a car like this where literally Everything else is adjustable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
While I would say it's debatable whether sound that is electronically captured and then amplified elsewhere is "real" or not, I'll concede it's not entirely "fake".
What I do know is it made a very annoying rattle in my dash while accelerating that I disliked tremendously, and that I like it much better without.
What I don't understand is why they (Hyundai, and every other manufacturer that has implemented similar systems) would not make it an adjustable setting, particularly in a car like this where literally Everything else is adjustable.

Ah, yeah if it was rattling I would unplug it too. So far mine hasn't started doing that yet.

Yeah when they sent the engineering survey to me one of the things I suggested they change was to add either a slider or toggle in the settings for the sound generator. I'm hoping they got the same suggestion from other people, along with the suggestion to let us toggle rev matching in N custom from the steering wheel button.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The regular veloster has an option to just turn the darn thing off why didnt they allow that on the N. It drives me nuts not everyone wants this stupid thing.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts