Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed(placed is more accurate) my Weathertech floor liners this evening. Ordered them on Tuesday night and the arrived Thursday morning.

They are listed on the Weathertech site as being for the 2019 Veloster, as expected they fit the N perfectly if anyone was wondering. The utilize the factory hook points for the stock floor mats as well.

Great product with carpet protection that goes up the sides of the floor and provides pretty complete coverage. The one in the rear is actually one piece that even goes over the center hump behind the center console. If you are wondering why buy the rear one... I have 2 children and am scared lol

Attachments

·
Banned
127 Posts
Try the Cargo Mat with the roll out bumper protector. First thing I purchased, after the $1500 in clear bra.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
89 Posts
Installed(placed is more accurate) my Weathertech floor liners this evening. Ordered them on Tuesday night and the arrived Thursday morning.

They are listed on the Weathertech site as being for the 2019 Veloster, as expected they fit the N perfectly if anyone was wondering. The utilize the factory hook points for the stock floor mats as well.

Great product with carpet protection that goes up the sides of the floor and provides pretty complete coverage. The one in the rear is actually one piece that even goes over the center hump behind the center console. If you are wondering why buy the rear one... I have 2 children and am scared lol
Ordered the front liners before I took delivery, brought them with me when I picked up the car.
Awesome product, better than Hyundais floor liners.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was able to use the Genuine Hyundai Veloster rubber mats from my '16 Veloster Turbo. The passenger and back mats fit perfectly, and the drivers side fits OK - but covers up the dead pedal.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How do you take off the factory floor mats? I was hoping this would be quick and easy to do myself, but it's not.

I hate this kind of stuff.

- Joe

·
Registered
49 Posts
How do you take off the factory floor mats? I was hoping this would be quick and easy
- Joe
You're probably missing something simple, it should take about 10 seconds. The mats are only attached to the car by little hooks that are under the driver and passenger seats. Try pushing your seat all the way back and you should see them. Just unhook the mats.

Not the same car, but you can see the hooks in this photo: https://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/media/veloster/hyundai_veloster_floor_mats.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
thanks for this post - just ordered the front and second row liners. still torn on cargo liner.
I love my weathertech floor mats, but I didn't do the cargo liner. I HATE when stuff slides in the back, and even though the material is "non-slip" it's not exactly grippy when you have stuff like ice scrapers or groceries.

My personal solution is something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Fold-Away-Trunk-Organizer-Black/dp/B011871YXA/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=trunk+organizer&qid=1578327322&sr=8-11

Mine is "Turtle Wax" brand. I found it on clearance at a local store. You should be able to get similar stuff at Target.

It has velcro on the bottom that sticks pretty hard to the carpet of the trunk. Or at least I think it does - my dealer threw in the official VN trunk liner which is basically just a simple piece of extra carpet, and I don't remember what the basic trunk looks like. All my stuff goes in the trunk organizer and it's rock solid. I throw a fullsize umbrella and a long ice scraper behind it and those things stay totally stable even when driving quickly. I have never had the velcro rip off even when the organizer is filled with groceries.

When you don't need it, the organizer should fold up into a pretty small pancake.

The only con is that the trunk organizer looks a bit cheap, but whatever - it IS cheap, it works perfectly, and this is my DD so I need function over form.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi, sorry to get back to you so late. Thanks for the help.

I did find a random Hyundai YouTube that showed how easy it is to take off the mats.... ONCE you know the trick.

I put the new mats on OK. I did not get the new anchors in, since I couldn't just twist the new anchor screw through the Veloster carpet. No matter, it's not slipping.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ummm.... CAN you make a simple hole in the Veloster carpet without drilling or hitting the floor underneath.

Again, on a scale of 1 to 5, I'm about a -2 concerning being "handy".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ummm.... CAN you make a simple hole in the Veloster carpet without drilling or hitting the floor underneath.
Whoawhoawhoa, maybe I'm missing something here - what exactly are you working with? I have a 2020 Veloster N. There were no tools, no holes, no NOTHING required to put in my liners. I have two hooks on the floor of my car. All I did was peel off the factory floor mat and then toss my Weathertech liner in with my bare hands. Are you trying to remove the carpet off the floor of the car? Don't do that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Vicryl,

Thanks for your reply! I have a 2020 VN Base.

To put in my inexpensive all-vehicle WeatherTech mats, I'm supposed to install the WeatherTech anchors. Their anchor has a plastic screw, and you're supposed to be able to just screw it through the carpet. When I tried it, the plastic screw got trashed, and it didn't make a dent in the carpet. So I gave up on the new anchor mat, and just put the new mat on the floor.

After one week, it's working just fine. Yeah, I'd still like to install the anchor mat if you have a tip. Part of the problem is there is no gap between the carpet and the floor below for a plastic screw to get traction. And I don't want to get out a drill.

Any tips?
- Joe

·
Registered
49 Posts
..all-vehicle WeatherTech mats, I'm supposed to install the WeatherTech anchors.
OH. That's the difference.

Anyway, shouldn't change much - doesn't your Veloster have factory hooks already installed in the floor? Just hook into those and don't worry about placing new anchors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts