Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my black Veloster N is showing some dust after 6 days of ownership.

Dare I ask...? Is it OK to use an automatic car wash? (That's what I'm using to doing with previous cars.)

If not, I'd still likely be using a pay car wash with the various types of water pressure and soaks that I operate by hand. Any tips there?

Thanks,
- Joe

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would only recommend an automatic wash if it's touchless. If it has spinning brushes I would stay away.

In fact I pay $15/mo at a local carwash for up to 1 wash a day, using their cheapest quickest touchless automatic wash and run it through whenever it needs.

The less times a mitt or sponge or brush needs to touch the car the less times I will scratch the paint.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hit that thing with a 3 step Blackfire system. Will make it look super deep and water and dust comes right off.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I agree if you can get a good polish and wax/ceramic on it asap maintenance will be much easier. The tiny scratches are what will make the black look dull and a slick coating will allow you to wash less frequently.

·
Registered
874 Posts
.I would only recommend an automatic wash if it's touchless. If it has spinning brushes I would stay away.

In fact I pay $15/mo at a local car wash for up to 1 wash a day, using their cheapest quickest touchless automatic wash and run it through whenever it needs.

The less times a mitt or sponge or brush needs to touch the car the less times I will scratch the paint.
Absolutely agreed, Always touchless, no brushes of any kind what-so-ever. I've found out that using a carnauba or standard automotive wax with an applicator, does as much damage to the paint over time as using a brush car wash. A liquid ceramic coating will do far better than any standard automotive wax.

First thing before applying any wax, is to clay bar the crap out of the finish. Particulates cause the majority of swirl marks. Continued application of wax over particulates, act as a scratch pad. Glide the back of your hand over the areas before and after you clay bar. If you feel little tiny irregularities, do it again, until it's complete smooth. Until the whole clearcoat finish is completely smooth, don't not attempt to apply any wax or ceramic coatings. Then get it ceramic coated or do it yourself.

Do you're windshield and all windows as well or buy a glass polishing kit from eBay and polish the glass, then coat it. You'll give it a scratch resistant coating, that will help it avoid pitting and environmental chemical damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts