Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are two videos by The Straight Pipes comparing our favorite car and the Honda Civic Type-R. We all know the Type-R has higher performance specs, but the VN PP makes a good showing here.
These reviewers are fair and make fun videos, and they have a lot of nice things to say about the VN, so, enjoy!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'd rather have a VN. I was researching the CTR and they were selling them around here for $39,999. I said "screw that" and found a PP VN for almost 12 grand less. It's worth every penny in my book. I love this thing!

-Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would never buy a CTR. Honda dealerships are too arrogant about their product. They think the CTR is a Ferrari 250 GTO or something. For God sake, it’s a fxxxxxx Civic. I’m picking up my chalk white N PP tomorrow. I wanted to test drive it to determine which one (veloster n or type r) to get and they refused. I thought maybe it’s because I drove my GTI to their dealership. So I decided to take one of my Porsche. They were nicer and said Type R would beat my GT4 on the track. I said ok and left. I will never ever buy a Honda product, not even their lawnmower.
By the way, I am very impressed with the veloster n. Obviouly that is why I’m buying one. It’s more fun to drive than my 2015 991.1 GTS, but not as fun as my 2016 GT4. All you veloster n owner should be proud of your cars. It is an incredible machine. This is coming from a long time Porsche and M guy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I will post pics of my veloster N tomorrow. I would post today but not an owner yet. I plan on being a proud owner and a active member on this forum. Hope the CTR owners don’t look down on me in the wild. lol

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome, my friend! I can already tell by your kind words about the VN that I already like you! lol... This car is awesome! If you like the way it handles upgrade a few braces on it you'll love it even more. I did it to mine and it is beyond a doubt the best handling vehicle I have ever owned. Turn in is ridiculous with an upgraded thicker rear sway bar. I am willing to bet it rivals your Porsche. Anyway, glad to have you aboard and I am sure you'll have much fun with the N.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome, my friend! I can already tell by your kind words about the VN that I already like you! lol... This car is awesome! If you like the way it handles upgrade a few braces on it you'll love it even more. I did it to mine and it is beyond a doubt the best handling vehicle I have ever owned. Turn in is ridiculous with an upgraded thicker rear sway bar. I am willing to bet it rivals your Porsche. Anyway, glad to have you aboard and I am sure you'll have much fun with the N.

Best regards,

-Mike
Thank you for the advice and kind words. I will look into it.
I tell my boys, drive the car you want because you love it not because you want others to see you in it. I plan on driving the VN with pride. I just think it’s a wonderful machine.
Tom

·
Registered
194 Posts
I remember hearing when the kia stinger came out that these korean sports cars were going to be "Ego checks" for car guys lol. Do you care about image or the car itself 🤔
That opened my mind to hyundai/kia/genesis because not to long ago these cars weren't so desirable, but i believe the stinger led the charge to some significant changes and they have lost their minds at this point. In my opinion, hyundai/kia/genesis has become what honda was in the late 90s early 00s. Affordable, reliable, and desirable. (Crossing my fingers on the reliability) Honda kinda threw affordability out the window with their desirable cars lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would hope that a car costing 10k more would rate a lot a lot better. That's 27% more. It's not really a fair comparison.

The N is a great deal for the price, of course the CTR is a better car. I had 28k to pay for a car, abd I feel like I got a good deal. But if I had 38k to pay for a car (it was out of my budget), I would not get a CTR. There are much better cars for that price point.

I always look at YouTube videos that do camparos. Most of them have no clue how to do comparisons. You can't compare cars based on the type of car. It's all about price. If you have 38k to spend, you're not even going to look at an N. If you are in the 28k range, what's the point in looking at a CTR? It's all mental masturbation

·
Registered
629 Posts
IDK, Honda GDI's have about 3.5% more blowby than the VN. Hmmm, 4.0% blowby or .5% blowby? I think I'll take the VN. The CTR costs too much for a marginally better car (not to me...) if at all and that's all in opinion..... I checked out both and the VN is a better car especially since it costs so much less. With about 2000 dollars a VN will be just as fast or faster than a stock CTR and I would have still saved at least 8K. And it will handle better stock for stock. It really is a no brainer!!! Of course, this is just my opinion.

Best regards,

-Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts