Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner of a 2020 VN PP with about 3.400K miles on it and was looking into some modifications that are worthwhile installing that won't void my warranty, and was curious about what other owners have done to their Veloster so far.

looking forward to seeing you guys builds.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm in the same boat with less miles. I plan on tackling weight reduction first. I'd like to get some light weight 18s, lightweight battery and hood. Hopefully a lightweight one with a hood scoop that isn't outrageously expensive comes out. From my understanding, just stay away from BOV's and tunes and you should be more or less ok with warranty work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm in the same boat with less miles. I plan on tackling weight reduction first. I'd like to get some light weight 18s, lightweight battery and hood. Hopefully a lightweight one with a hood scoop that isn't outrageously expensive comes out. From my understanding, just stay away from BOV's and tunes and you should be more or less ok with warranty work.
so I’m in this boat as well with 2100 miles . I planned on all weight reduction first. But now wondering why a bov would cause a warranty issue??

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
430 Posts
I am struggling to make enough miles for my first oil change. Working from home... I installed dual catch cans immediately. The turbo-side does not have anything in it which makes we wonder if they have some baffling in the value cover. The intake-side catch can does have the expected amount of junk in it. I have a stiffer rear motor mount installed and I am waiting to install rigid collars which are in my shop waiting. Under consideration is a short shifter. Really, this car is pretty darned good right off the lot. Next year 18" wheels. She will be up on jack stands over the winter while my Genesis Coupe with winter shoes will be my ride during those months.

·
Registered
99 Posts
so I’m in this boat as well with 2100 miles . I planned on all weight reduction first. But now wondering why a bov would cause a warranty issue??
It's unlikely that an aftermarket BOV would cause any actual problems (assuming it's working correctly) but you can rest assured a dealership would definitely try to blame any engine problems on it. That said, I just ordered the SXTH BOV and if I need to take the car to the dealer, I'll just stock it out. It's a pretty easy job on this car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's unlikely that an aftermarket BOV would cause any actual problems (assuming it's working correctly) but you can rest assured a dealership would definitely try to blame any engine problems on it. That said, I just ordered the SXTH BOV and if I need to take the car to the dealer, I'll just stock it out. It's a pretty easy job on this car.
A good quality BOV as you pointed out should not cause any problems but I can't blame the factory because what should they do about the dumb ass that installs a cheap E-Bay cheap POS one;)

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
430 Posts
I remember discussing BOVs with a tuner some years ago. His opinion was that if you get a tune you should probably invest in an aftermarket BOV. He said with a stock tune my stock BOV would likely serve me well. If it leaks than replace it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey, I got a 2020 PP used in October! I left it stock for the couple weeks then got the boomba racing short shifter kit and transmission bushings and made a great improvement on shifting for me (the shifter bushings are a PAIN to install but I used Elmer's glue instead of super glue that they recommend to hold the bushings in place, super glue never hardened and had to retrieve the bushings that fell off cuz of the super glue), I came from the 2019 rspec and I loved that shifter setup. I ended up splurging and buying 2k worth of parts in November XD, the only thing I have put on from those parts are the afe momentum intake and the forge motorsport inlet adapter. TO BE WARNED, I didn't realize the forge was a 4" in when I bought it with the 4" in to 3" out of the afe intake. I ended up making a custom coupling in the middle of the forge inlet and a 4" to 3" silicone reducer to the afe intake; it took about 1 1/2 days to make as I had to keep cutting the silicone from the forge and the reducer while making a taper on the coupling to make as smooth as possible transition from the 3" on the reducer through the forge silicone so that the air coming through would not hit an expansion chamber or any flat edges that could make turbulence for the air. It was only days after that I saw that afe had released a turbo inlet for the intake, but I was very impatient and wanted the intake on so bad hahaha, anyways, the intake with a smooth channel for the air made a HUGE difference on the car to redline. Where I felt before the car would die off at around 5500 rpm, the car now pulls STRONG to redline. I read some people talking about how the intakes make the car feel better but damn, its that pulling of the car to redline that really transformed it for me in the hill driving here in the bay area. This plus the velossa tech snorkle, I have seen AITs at 10 degrees over ambient or less even over a hard 20 min mountain run. Definitely a must do, has put off me getting a jb4 piggy back for atleast a few months now hahaha, sorry for the long read but a worth while mod to get an intake and turbo inlet adapter!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts