Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2022 MT VN
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello馃憢馃槂,

but been a little over a year with my Red 2022 MT VN and its been great so far some issues here and there but overall a raw fun car. Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've had a question about how everyone feels about their VN, I've always desired JDM cars but wanted to try something a bit different with KDM. I chose the VN over an S2000 and a STI Hatchback. I love my car but there are times where I feel out of place with this car, I feel distant from the car community because I drive a Korean car, don't get my wrong I love this car but not to sure where KDM falls in the eyes of the community and yes if one loves something they shouldn't care about what other may think but I love the car scene, am I the only one that feels this way? Does anyone else feel this way or felt this way? And if so how did you get over it?

Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
Welcome! I think there is some NorCal KDM club on facebook or something, but I personally don't use social media (outside of LinkedIn) so I can't confirm that for sure. Not sure if there is a similar group in SoCal.

I haven't been in the "car scene" for a while now. I'm in my late 40s so I'm sure I'm more of an old fogey. I'm also one of those weird people who was cross-shopping cars like a 997 911 turbo and Lotus Evora, along with more common hot hatches like the Focus RS, Mk VII Golf R, and CTR. I'm very happy with the VN! I did attend the Hyundai N Performance Academy last year and that was fun, but haven't attended a meetup in a long time. I guess I've just been busy with work and family stuff so just haven't prioritized car meetups.

If you are younger I can definitely understand your position, but honestly one of the reasons why I really like the VN is because it is unique to begin with and around Silicon Valley, it's definitely a standout. I think I have seen 2 other VNs in the past six months. CTRs are orders of magnitude more common, let alone Civic Sport hatches "trying" to look like a CTR lol.

Maybe find car meetups that aren't brand-specific? All the folks I have met have always been performance car fans first and foremost and not necessarily one brand over another.

Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP 6MT
Back in my Gen Coupe days we used to have fairly frequent KDM meets in the greater Philadelphia area. A local dealer would sponsor and then a local tuner. With the demise of the Gen Coupe and covid all of that seems to have fallen apart. Maybe I am not connected like I need to be. The only social media I am on is LinkedIn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts