Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new set of wheels and tires from Fitment Industries: Enkei TS-10 18x8.5 +50 offset and Nitto NT555 245/40/18. I drove on the freeway for the first time and I’m getting vibrations from front to back at 70mph. I was extremely careful about installing the wheels correctly: I hand tightened the lugs, then torqued them to spec in a star pattern. I used hub centric centering rings and made sure they were fitted snugly within the wheel. I also spun the wheel freely while on jack stands and looked from different angles to check for wobbling. I retorqued the lugs after 25 miles. The tires are uni directional and are oriented correctly. Is there something I may have missed? Any info or suggestions would be really helpful. I have no clue what went wrong.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Have them "road force balanced," so you can find which tire and wheel combo is the culprit. One of the wheels is out of spec and road force balancing will find it, then correct it. They'll spin the tire around on the rim and balance it within tolerance. If it won't balance to proper tolerance, you'll have to replace the rim/tire or both.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sounds like this is a pretty common issue. I've been strongly considering some tracklites from tirerack and don't want a big headache though.
That was my first set of RT615K+ on some Enkei wheels two years ago. I recently ordered another set of those tires on Motegi TrakLites for the N and they were perfect. Even their TPMS were good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts