Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Veloster N Transmission Fluid

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Leveq 
#1 ·
Does anyone know or recommend any transmission fluid for the Veloster N? The dealership wants to sell it for $30 a quart. They also told me what goes in is Dual Clutch Transmission fluid (DCT) if that’s true. If it does take DCT I would personally choose Valvoline DCT fluid just because that is the oil I found best suits me for when I do my oil changes.

#2 ·
I wouldn't just pour any ATF fluid in. Would recommend consulting the owner's manual for specifics. Like for the manual versions, it recommends GL-4 70W/75W. In which case, most of us are using Redline MT-LV as that is a direct replacement. And in my opinion, Redline is a much higher quality oil than OEM.

The only owner's manual I could find online was the Veloster Turbo models. Under the DCT section, it actually recommends the same GL-4 70W/75W the manual cars uses. I even looked up what Redline recommends for their 7 speed DCT and it recommends the same MT-LV oil too.

So definitely don't just grab and pour any ATF fluid. Consult the owner's manual to see what type of fluid it recommends.

#3 ·
I actually just ordered redline mt-lv yesterday. I'll let you know how it works out. I was actually going to use an amsoil product but after plugging in my vehicle specs on their site it said they had no products to fit this car. I know many have reported redline to help and that's my hope. I feel like I'm fighting with the shifter in this car half the time. Especially when cold.

#4 ·
A number people have reported that the MT-LV smoothed-out their shifts. I find going into 6th, especially when cold, takes a little extra push. The rest of the gears are fine. I have two quarts of MT-LV in my shop. I am waiting to put more miles on the car before I change the fluid. At 2175 miles, with the car currently up on jacks, I think this is a bit premature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.