Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the spring rates of the stock Veloster N coil springs for the front and rear? I have found what the Whiteline springs are as well as Godspeed springs, but nothing for ARK GTS springs or or our stock springs.

I would like to know the difference from front to rear because I think a firmer spring on the rear will work way better with Mando for a few diff reasons.

I think this is why @GetQuirky has stated "the ARK springs work better with factory dampers."

Although Godspeed springs are 3.9 Front spring rate and 4.9-5.6 Rear I believe even though they will be firmer - they will work better w/ our dampers because the rear is firmer than the front and this will give the car a more flat ride(flat bounce).

The stock VN is heavy spring front but so light in the rear that the only way to control it is through damping but that comes at the expense of grip.

I dont think the whiteline springs are the answer because the front springs are still more firm than the rear springs and the spring rates seem low to me. I think they did this to control factory comfort levels and keep as close as possible.

I think with stiffer springs we could use less damping to create a flat ride. As it is now - the only thing controlling rebound damping is the stock springs and we cannot get enough strength in the rear to create a comfortable ride.

-JE

·
Registered
113 Posts
Right at 9:15.

MT
F: 3.5kgf/mm
R: 4.8kgf/mm
21mm front bar for PP

DCT
F: 3.7kgf/mm
R: 5.0kgf/mm
Also has a 23mm front bar too

I also emailed Eibach and this is what they sent me back.
Front 125-225lb/in progressive (2.2kgf/mm to 4.0kgf/mm)
Rear 125-250 lb/in progressive (2.2kgf/mm to 4.5kgf/mm)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good luck getting anything from ARK on the spring rate, myself and a couple others (including my shop) have been blowing them up trying to get that info in preparation for doing aero on my car. Probably going to end up just throwing some custom coilovers on at this point.

They are much better matched to the OEM dampers but there is still more to be desired, especially with rebound in the rear of the car.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck getting anything from ARK on the spring rate, myself and a couple others (including my shop) have been blowing them up trying to get that info in preparation for doing aero on my car. Probably going to end up just throwing some custom coilovers on at this point.

They are much better matched to the OEM dampers but there is still more to be desired, especially with rebound in the rear of the car.
Thank you for this. No doubt coilovers allow the most flexibility and specificity.

I am going to to work on optimizing what I can for those who like me, are also on OEM springs.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and sounds like we are feeling and sensing the same thing.

Am I missing anything?

-JE

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right at 9:15.

MT
F: 3.5kgf/mm
R: 4.8kgf/mm
21mm front bar for PP

DCT
F: 3.7kgf/mm
R: 5.0kgf/mm
Also has a 23mm front bar too

I also emailed Eibach and this is what they sent me back.
Front 125-225lb/in progressive (2.2kgf/mm to 4.0kgf/mm)
Rear 125-250 lb/in progressive (2.2kgf/mm to 4.5kgf/mm)
@Piro Fyre You are awesome!!!!! Thank you for this. I need to drive a 2021 to see if there is a difference.

Mine is a 2019 and I wonder if the spring rates are the same.

I will work under this assumption for a while as I did a long test yesterday and draw conclusions/inferences from that.

Am I missing anything?

-JE

·
Registered
163 Posts
@Piro Fyre You are awesome!!!!! Thank you for this. I need to drive a 2021 to see if there is a difference.

Mine is a 2019 and I wonder if the spring rates are the same.

I will work under this assumption for a while as I did a long test yesterday and draw conclusions/inferences from that.

Am I missing anything?

-JE
Its the same, they tweaked the rates for the DCT only since its like 150lbs more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts