Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some reading and I keep seeing that stock Hyundai plugs can be prone to blowout even under stock boost levels. I'd love to replace and gap to 0.022 but I can't find what plug I need. I believe OEM plugs are Denso but I can't find the part number to cross reference to other companies (HKS, NGK, etc.) Does anyone know the OEM part number or what other plugs will fit?

Thanks!
-James

·
Registered
128 Posts
HKS M40XL SPARK PLUG
HKS M45XL SPARK PLUG

I believe are direct replacements and upgrades.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No as far as I'm aware, the only failures for spark plugs insulators are in the 3.3T Kia and Genesis. This has more to do more with heat from the motor than, actual spark related failure. There has been so such reported failures in the 2.0T Theta. I've done a bit of research and found nothing related to either 2.0T Theta or 1.6T Gamma engines.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I want to replace the plugs is I am going to be running higher boost levels soon. I just ordered a jb4 from burger tuning. I'll be posting results once everything is set up.

·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
Any results?

·
Registered
241 Posts
The reason I want to replace the plugs is I am going to be running higher boost levels soon. I just ordered a jb4 from burger tuning. I'll be posting results once everything is set up.
Looking forward to your results!

·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
For a lot of info on these cars look here. It's got the most info so far as far as forums go.

https://n-cars.net/forums/

Hope you find what you are looking for.

-Mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
The appropriate plugs are listed with the JB4 on their site. The JB4 is recommended to be run with upgraded plugs.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You can regap the stock plugs but it's recommended to use;

HKS MK45XL/ Heat Range 9.
NGK 93253 R2556G Heat Range 9 Racing Plugs

·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
I would love to know the OEM plug part numbers are. I can't find them anywhere. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts