Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be any issues with swapping the seats for some racing/more sporty seats?

I know some seats have an airbag or some other electronics but just wasn't sure if if the Veloster N seats have all these extra things which would cause it to be a bad idea to swap them out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yep and more yep.

Notable the focus RS has airbags in seats, with its awful stock seats is a major decision point for alot of people.

Velociter looks to have them also, crash test below. The good side is the OEM velociter seats are not horrible and sit correctly. The focus RS felt like i was sitting 10 inches too high in car.

Attachments

·
Registered
874 Posts
The OEM seats can be replaced easily. You just bypass the airbag sensor. It's already been accomplished on numerous i30N's and VN's. No effect on the function of the system either. The bypass is very simple process.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was about to make a post asking about racing seats, but glad I searched first before dumping.

I have a White vn pp and I really want to get these Red Bride Racing Seats.
I found skeptical "replicas" Made in Taiwan on eBay asking for $450 ish, but I definitely want authentic Made in Japan ones.
I did a short little research on installing seats and there seems to be some areas of concern.
  1. Installing a harness properly, HANS system, etc. From what I had read on reddit, a lot of people install harnesses incorrectly. Allegedly, a properly fastened/fitted harness wouldn't allow you to even reach your radio.
  2. Do racing seat brackets follow a standard such that if I were to buy any reputable racing seat with brackets, they should mount to the car's existing screw holes?
But Red bride racing seats (15lb a seat?!?!) with my white vn pp YES PLEASE 😱

1 - 5 of 5 Posts