Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read a lot of comments about which oil to use in the Veloster N. I did the test myself. All oils I used were 5w30. I used Royal Purple, SuperTech, and Valvoline. I haven’t heard to many good things about Mobil 1 so I stayed away. And to be completely honest. There is no difference besides price. I personally thought the Valvoline did the best with keeping the oil temp low when on the track and helping the car start when cold. I know the manual says use 0w30 but there is such a slight difference between the 2 weights it’s just not noticeable. Now of course if you live somewhere with extremely cold winters but hot summers I would personally use 5w30 in summer and 0w30 in winter just for the cold starts. So I recommend Valvoline 5w30 full synthetic oil and a K&N HP1004 oil filter. If anyone has any comments, questions, or suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’ve read a lot of comments about which oil to use in the Veloster N. I did the test myself. All oils I used were 5w30. I used Royal Purple, SuperTech, and Valvoline. I haven’t heard to many good things about Mobil 1 so I stayed away. And to be completely honest. There is no difference besides price. I personally thought the Valvoline did the best with keeping the oil temp low when on the track and helping the car start when cold. I know the manual says use 0w30 but there is such a slight difference between the 2 weights it’s just not noticeable. Now of course if you live somewhere with extremely cold winters but hot summers I would personally use 5w30 in summer and 0w30 in winter just for the cold starts. So I recommend Valvoline 5w30 full synthetic oil and a K&N HP1004 oil filter. If anyone has any comments, questions, or suggestions let me know.
I myself have been using liqui moly 5w40 with absolutely no issues whatsoever. As for the filter I have stuck with the oem Hyundai filter as this is the best option for our cars.

hope this helped🤙🏾

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
557 Posts
I use the 0w-40 Euro blends on my Gen Coupe with the 2 liter turbo. Over 132k miles and the engine still runs like a jewel. I found seemed a bit smoother with that oil. The manual did not specify a particular weight like the VN manual does.

·
Registered
48 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts