Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're finally get the opportunity to see the Veloster N as it hits up the Nürburgring. Carlos was pretty impressed with how the car performed on the track, with solid throws on the gearbox and really accurate rev matching. I disagree with him about the exhaust pops being fake, but glad to hear that he thinks Hyundai's first foray into performance models is a great one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Those exhaust pops are real and Hyundai is using it as a way to eliminate turbo lag. Its great to see solid first impressions with the Veloster N and this is a huge step forward for the Veloster platform.

·
Registered
102 Posts
seeing this blue in the real world, it looks too tacky and not fitting for someone in their early 30's
at least with Honda they kept to traditional colors so most folks already knew what they wanted, one even painted their CTR to champ yellow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The car sounds great and I really don't get all the flak this guy is getting over one comment. At least he is trying to be critical of the new model and not just sing its praises. Simulated noises have become standard across the industry.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can completely understand why someone would think they are fake, especially since it seems like the exhaust pops nearly every time you left off the throttle. Have to get some time inside the cabin to see how pronounced they are from inside the car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
tell me about it, far more things to be concerned about, like the Velosters steering that isn't as direct as the Type R's or it's dialed back character.
sometimes reviewers get lazy or run out of things to say, hence why I come to forums to learn from real enthusiasts

·
Registered
65 Posts
One of the main praises I have seen around the VN is in relation to its handling, and I think its unfair to compare it to the CTR considering the difference in price. The LSD on the performance pack should help to reduce torque steer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts