Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought the Veloster N DCT and would like to know how to make my exhaust have louder pops and bangs (like the manual.) Downpipe? Or total exhaust swap?

·
Registered
32 Posts
From what I have read the DCT pops less, and the pops are quieter compared to the manual.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I recently bought the Veloster N DCT and would like to know how to get a better exhaust with louder pops. Downpipe? Or total exhaust swap? Also would the exhausts made for the manuals sound different because of the DCT? Thank you
The DCT exhaust is noticeably quieter than the manual.
My manual in some cases sounds like a gun shot. 👍👍🥳🤯

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have read the DCT pops less, and the pops are quieter compared to the manual.
Happen to know any exhausts or just down pipes that will increase pops and bangs? So many to choose from. Thank you
The DCT exhaust is noticeably quieter than the manual.
My manual in some cases sounds like a gun shot. 👍👍🥳🤯
thanks! I liked the manual but wanted something more dailyable for where i live. My exhaust is nothing like the manual. I want mine to be gunshots too. Any tips for it to get similar sound?

·
Super Moderator
1,002 Posts
If you get rid of the mid pipe resonator or change to a 3" mid pipe with no resonator the pops and bangs will be louder. I have the Ark mid pipe. The mid pipe doesn't make it pop and bang more it just amplifies what pops and bangs you already have. I hope I helped you?

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you get rid of the mid pipe resonator or change to a 3" mid pipe with no resonator the pops and bangs will be louder. I have the Ark mid pipe. The mid pipe doesn't make it pop and bang more it just amplifies what pops and bangs you already have. I hope I helped you?

Best regards,

-Mike
Thank you. I’ll totally buy the ark mid pipe. Thanks for the help!✌

·
Super Moderator
1,002 Posts
You're welcome! Here to help you all.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
You also need to keep in mind that the ECU likely has a different tune, and that plays a large part in how many pops and crackles you get. So changes to the exhaust will make them louder, but there's still the underlying issue of inducing them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you plan to do a downpipe in the future, I would recommend doing it first before changing anything else on the exhaust system. I say this because I removed the resonator from the midpipe (basically the same thing as purchasing the new mid pipe except 2.5: instead of 3") and it does give a slight increase in exhaust note and pops, but not that much. Then later I installed the XForce downpipe which has a high flow 100 cell cat on it. This made the exhaust quite loud. Even in normal mode I will get occasional pops and burbling. Thankfully there is no drone, but I know I would not want it any louder in normal. In N the exhaust sound level is pretty loud and the pops are twice as loud as they were with everything stock.

·
Super Moderator
1,002 Posts
I have the stock DP and the Ark mid and the pops and bangs are much louder. My DP will not be going on till March or April of 2021. I love it. Wonder how loud it will be with a new cat less velocity stacked down pipe? I guess we shall see. lol...

Br,

-Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts