Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah I've seen the SXTH one but would prefer the Forge. The Forge one went from not existing to being out of stock, so not sure if they really have one for DCT, I've messaged them several times about it with no response.
Out of curiosity, why the preference? I have a MT and I'm in the market for a FMIC, so I'm interested in hearing more details on choosing one over the other.

·
Registered
Betsy:2019 VN PP 6MT P. Blue
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have yet to make a purchase on my FMIC - as I'm still deciding. That said, I'm likely to get a Forge. For many reasons, not the least of which being - they offer a boost pipe (Hyundai i30N/Veloster N Black Boost pipe). This will bolt-on easily and will be port-matched to the Forge FMIC. Also, this FMIC was developed by our own RedVN - a strong consideration IMHO.

·
Registered
2022 Lunar White VN DCT
31 Posts
"Out of curiosity, why the preference? I have a MT and I'm in the market for a FMIC, so I'm interested in hearing more details on choosing one over the other."

Forge claims its the biggest FMIC available for the N plus I like the skirts around the front that direct more air into the cooler. That being said I live in the SW where it gets pretty hot in Summer so I want to get this installed before then so if Forge cant come up with one that fits before then I have to go with a different one.

·
Registered
2022 Lunar White VN DCT
31 Posts
The Forge MOTORSPORT is still in development. You’ll just need to be patient. The bend on the boost pipe it different but it will still use the same FMIC.

Development takes time with adjustments and proper testing. As Forge Motorsports doesn’t have access to the VN, it takes a donor car from an owner and one who is able to provide technical expertise, experience and some fabrication skills.

Right now they’re fabricating and fitting the final for the i30 N. This will provide a primary base for the VN.

They already have the dimensions for the FMIC intake curtain, do there won’t be an issue for this part of the kit.

I posted a video from Dan Bushell on the i30N in the UK. Keep in mind Forge Motorsports home base is in the UK as well. 👍🇺🇸
So are you saying that since Forge is in the UK and they don't have the VN there that they wont have a FMIC ready for it any time soon? If so I might have to figure out something else because I want this installed before Summer. I'm in the SW and it gets hot in the Summer.

Its disappointing that the DCT has been out for well over a year now and Forge still hasn't released one yet. As far as I can tell they just need to reconfigure the 10" silicon coupler on the cold side.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
No one has been interested in providing a donor car to assist them. What I’m saying is; the i30N DCT is the basis of construction for the VN DCT minus a few minor changes.

They‘re already aware of this thru the I30N and this kit is nearing production thru the prototype phase. Once it‘s completed, it will be produced for the VN barring any other physical changes required. Someone, as I spoke of previously with a DCT, needs to step up and help them with the finalization. I don’t own a DCT and have no plans to purchase one.

I’ve worked with Forge Motorsports throughout development of VN/MT performance parts since the beginning.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
2022 Lunar White VN DCT
31 Posts
No one has been interested in providing a donor car to assist them. What I’m saying is; the i30N DCT is the basis of construction for the VN DCT minus a few minor changes.

They‘re already aware of this thru the I30N and this kit is nearing production thru the prototype phase. Once it‘s completed, it will be produced for the VN barring any other physical changes required. Someone, as I spoke of previously with a DCT, needs to step up and help them with the finalization. I don’t own a DCT and have no plans to purchase one.

I’ve worked with Forge Motorsports throughout development of VN/MT performance parts since the beginning.👍🇺🇸
Are you talking about someone in the UK with a Veloster to help them or someone anywhere because I would be more than willing to help them out with testing but I cant even get them to respond to an inquiry about the FMIC.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
No, they have no access to a VN. The VN wasn’t produced for their market. The I30N shares the same drivetrain with the VN and the chassis is not dissimilar in the engine compartment either.

The US Sales has no direct contact with R & D. All such correspondence needs to go thru the UK Headquarters. 👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
2022 Lunar White VN DCT
31 Posts
كيف هو الحل .. أريد استبدال المبرد البيئي .. إنه أفضل CFS أو Forge أو AIRTEC أو Wagner
If you have a manual get the Bisimoto CFS, it's front face design allows cleaner air flow through the core, none of the others have this design.

·
Registered
2022 Lunar White VN DCT
31 Posts
المعنى الخيار الأفضل هو cfs
Yes, if you plan to keep the stock tune, also best price, and uses stock tubes so its completely plug and play if you have a manual transmission, it also makes it easy to go back to stock if you ever need warranty work.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
All of the
If you have a manual get the Bisimoto CFS, it's front face design allows cleaner air flow through the core, none of the others have this design.
They’re all designed as front facing. The Bisimoto uses OEM size inlet and outlets, it can’t be used with either larger boost or cold side pipes.

It has no inlet curtain to force air thru the FMIC. It allows negative pressure air to escape over and around the sides. Thus decreasing its effectiveness overall compared to the; FORGE MOTORSPORT or Wagner that do have the intake curtains.

The Bisimoto FMIC has no fitting adapter for the air sensor either. This means, the bumper has to be drill, also an air sensor mount fabricated. The FORGE MOTORSPORT and Wagner have the fitting for the air sensor in the air curtain.👍🇺🇸

21 - 40 of 62 Posts