Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Betsy:2019 VN PP 6MT P. Blue
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back again. Lookin for a well-made, bolt-on (no mods) FMIC with the largest possible surface area, and the best internals.

Thanks yall.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I also wanted to get your opinions on this pipe. They call it a 'boost pipe', but I thought it was a 'charge pipe'. Maybe I'm confused - it wouldn't be the 1st time. Is there a noteworthy difference in performance with this 'pipe'? If it only helps with breathing, and creating more exhaust notes - I'm definitely for that too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Best is in the eye of the beholder. There are nicer ones, there are cheaper ones, but best is going to be subjective on anything. Ask any question like that to yourself and you should see what I am saying. Whats the best shotgun/ handgun/ knife/ beer/ whiskey/ piece of snatch, etc. Or as the new post section shows, FMIC, downpipe, oil, spark plugs. tire, mid-pipe, and throttle body.

That being said, I have a forge prior to them making them for the VN. the only difference was the air dam on each side had to have a little ground off. Being aluminum made it easy work with a die grinder. I like it and have had no issues with it. they eventually made a VN specific variant but its easy to make the I30N fit the NV. Later I got the boot pipe, this is the pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body, and its bigger, defiantly opened up that restriction. Being I have all the other bolt ons, its hard to notice a difference but Im sure there is something there. I need to update my build page here.....

Welcome to the club brother, enjoy the N, and looking forward to watching the build.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best is in the eye of the beholder. There are nicer ones, there are cheaper ones, but best is going to be subjective on anything. Ask any question like that to yourself and you should see what I am saying. Whats the best shotgun/ handgun/ knife/ beer/ whiskey/ piece of snatch, etc. Or as the new post section shows, FMIC, downpipe, oil, spark plugs. tire, mid-pipe, and throttle body.

That being said, I have a forge prior to them making them for the VN. the only difference was the air dam on each side had to have a little ground off. Being aluminum made it easy work with a die grinder. I like it and have had no issues with it. they eventually made a VN specific variant but its easy to make the I30N fit the NV. Later I got the boot pipe, this is the pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body, and its bigger, defiantly opened up that restriction. Being I have all the other bolt ons, its hard to notice a difference but Im sure there is something there. I need to update my build page here.....

Welcome to the club brother, enjoy the N, and looking forward to watching the build.
Thanks for the input, bud. INR: 'Best'...kinda cheesy. Bah, couldn't come up with better catch word. Anyways, ya - that boost pipe looks friggin huge compared to the stock one. Gotta be some gains of some kind there. I heard the Forge FMIC got an upgrade and that it now bolts-on direct, yes? That BOV just looks like the sexx - so hawt!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Based upon what you get per dollar, it would be the FORGE MOTORSPORT FMIC. No other aftermarket manufacturer offers a large hot side pipe.

Their are only two that are tried and tested by the manufacturers. This is FORGE MOTORSPORT and the SXTH ELEMENT. AirTec is manufacturing China. The Wagner is comparable but isn’t made for the VN but i39N specifically.

No one has seen or utilized the Maintec unit in person.

I can speak directly to the FORGE MOTORSPORT FMIC and boost pipe construction. I worked hand in hand with FORGE MOTORSPORT in development from the beginning. In fact I still have the prototype.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based upon what you get per dollar, it would be the FORGE MOTORSPORT FMIC. No other aftermarket manufacturer offers a large hot side pipe.

Their are only two that are tried and tested by the manufacturers. This is FORGE MOTORSPORT and the SXTH ELEMENT. AirTec is manufacturing China. The Wagner is comparable but isn’t made for the VN but i39N specifically.

No one has seen or utilized the Maintec unit in person.

I can speak directly to the FORGR MOTORSPORT FMIC and boost pipe construction. I worked hand in hand with FORGE MOTORSPORT in development from the beginning. In fact I still have the prototype.👍🇺🇸
Oh dayum bro, dint no that. I must've missed that on the HOBB page on the other forum. I couldn't ask for better information. Did you say the hot-side pipe is larger than the other manufacturers? Looks like Forge is the way to go. That cold-side pipe will fit like a glove with no issues. Thanks Red.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Ghost

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Correct me, if I'm wrong. Didn't Forge recently upgrade their FMIC to be truly bolt-on? Thanks.

·
Administrator
2,038 Posts
Reactions: Qrush

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Forge does have an i-cooler that is plug and play. Wagner also have a version 2 out for the Veloster N.

WAGNER TUNING Competition Gen.2 Intercooler Kit for Hyundai Veloster N 2019-2022

Here is another option if you own a manual. CSF Stepped Core Intercooler for Hyundai Veloster N 2019-21 MT Only

Best regards,

-Mike
Dint see that one, thanks Mike. Looks like the core only, but the price is reasonable too. Can get a pipe kit to go with it: AIRTEC MOTORSPORT BIG BOOST PIPE KIT FOR HYUNDAI Veloster N – SoCal Garage Works

Reactions: Ghost

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the old SXTH and I believe it has the largest frontal surface area due to replacing the crash bar. It also comes with both larger diameter pipes. If you look around you can find people selling them used.
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle Font
Grille Rectangle Wood Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for the useful pics, Rem. (y)

Reactions: Rem234

·
Registered
2022 Lunar White VN DCT
31 Posts
Does anyone know if these can be made to fit the DCT, another thread seemed to indicate the only difference was the coupler on the cold side. If that's true and the core is the same why hasn't Forge or Wagmer released a kit for the DCT?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does anyone know if these can be made to fit the DCT, another thread seemed to indicate the only difference was the coupler on the cold side. If that's true and the core is the same why hasn't Forge or Wagmer released a kit for the DCT?
SXTH offers a bolt-on DCT FMIC, and is available. Forge offers a bolt-on DCT FMIC, but is out of stock atm. Wagner I'm unsure of.

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
2022 Lunar White VN DCT
31 Posts
Yeah I've seen the SXTH one but would prefer the Forge. The Forge one went from not existing to being out of stock, so not sure if they really have one for DCT, I've messaged them several times about it with no response.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I've seen the SXTH one but would prefer the Forge. The Forge one went from not existing to being out of stock, so not sure if they really have one for DCT, I've messaged them several times about it with no response.
Shoot a DM to RedVN. I believe he's sponsored by them (Forge). He may know.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
The Forge MOTORSPORT is still in development. You’ll just need to be patient. The bend on the boost pipe it different on the DCT but it will still use the same FMIC.

Development takes time with adjustments and proper testing. As Forge Motorsports doesn’t have access to the VN, it takes a donor car from an owner and one who is able to provide technical expertise, experience and some fabrication skills.

Right now they’re fabricating and fitting the final for the i30 N. This will provide a primary base for the VN.

They already have the dimensions for the FMIC intake curtain, do there won’t be an issue for this part of the kit.

I posted a video from Dan Bushell on the i30N in the UK. Keep in mind Forge Motorsports home base is in the UK as well. 👍🇺🇸

1 - 20 of 62 Posts