Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a catch can that was apart of a pretty sweet bundle with mods. Is there a any pros and cons to using one? I was told it's a must have

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive been told the same thing. I'm def going to be getting one soon. Once I had the function of it explained to me it made perfect sense as to why its a must. The big pro would be that not as much oil would be traveling to places you dont want it to which helps improve the lifespan of the motor. I'm told a catch can is even more necessary here because of the direct injected motor.
Where did you find a mod bundle?! lol sounds fun!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been told the same thing. I'm def going to be getting one soon. Once I had the function of it explained to me it made perfect sense as to why its a must. The big pro would be that not as much oil would be traveling to places you dont want it to which helps improve the lifespan of the motor. I'm told a catch can is even more necessary here because of the direct injected motor.
Where did you find a mod bundle?! lol sounds fun!!
i have been a little split on adding it. i did hear about the benefits but unless i am wrong, wouldn't it just slow the down the cleaning you would have to do for all the carbon build up?

someone in my area was selling a boomba RMM, SXTH cold air intake, boomba BOV, and the catch can and i got it for $500. i wasn't gonna jump on it but it looked like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have been a little split on adding it. i did hear about the benefits but unless i am wrong, wouldn't it just slow the down the cleaning you would have to do for all the carbon build up?

someone in my area was selling a boomba RMM, SXTH cold air intake, boomba BOV, and the catch can and i got it for $500. i wasn't gonna jump on it but it looked like a pretty good deal.
Dang! That's a great deal! I'm jealous!
Do you like the Boomba RMM? I have heard it to be unlivable for a daily due to the Vibration/Noise/Harshness and I was about to buy it but now I am going to hold off and research more.

You're right about it slowing it down, but slowing it down is still better than not, right? I am honestly no where near an expert but I did have a friend really go out of his way to stress the importance of me getting one of these and I know that sounds corny but I trust him. I just need to find one worth buying, it has to have a bronze filter for me. I feel like the bronze filter does much more than the cans that just have the plastic baffles inside.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you like the Boomba RMM? I have heard it to be unlivable for a daily due to the Vibration/Noise/Harshness and I was about to buy it but now I am going to hold off and research more.

You're right about it slowing it down, but slowing it down is still better than not, right? I am honestly no where near an expert but I did have a friend really go out of his way to stress the importance of me getting one of these and I know that sounds corny but I trust him. I just need to find one worth buying, it has to have a bronze filter for me. I feel like the bronze filter does much more than the cans that just have the plastic baffles inside.
sorry for the late reply! the Boomba RMM just had way too much vibration while driving. i liked how it made things a bit smoother but the vibration just started to wear me down a bit. I have thought about trying to install the catch can but i don't feel comfortable installing it myself self since it involves fuel lines

·
Registered
123 Posts
A catch can install does not involve any fuel lines. The only fluid you may encounter is an oily residue, but no liquid will come out of the PCV line.

·
Registered
150 Posts
sorry for the late reply! the Boomba RMM just had way too much vibration while driving. i liked how it made things a bit smoother but the vibration just started to wear me down a bit. I have thought about trying to install the catch can but i don't feel comfortable installing it myself self since it involves fuel lines
Get the upper mount too. If you only have one of the two the vibration frequencies get out of wack and thats when it becomes annoying.

·
Registered
123 Posts
how is is the install process? i have heard mixed things on it
It is extremely easy. You basically take a single vacuum hose and add a catch can in the middle. No crazy tools are needed and the connections use simple hose clamps. Search YouTube for an install video so you can have an idea of what you are getting in to.

·
Registered
104 Posts

I have the Boomba RMM and have had it on for 15,000 miles. I daily my car and have taken a 1500 mile road trip in it. Once it is broken in I think the vibration is exactly the right amount. It lets you feel the motor strain at low RPMS which makes the feeling of the clutch engagement way better. It also eliminates the wheel hop and makes the car feel all around more connected. Anyone who thinks the vibration is too much has either not let it brake in, over torqued the bolts, or is just not used to driving a sport compact with performance motor mounts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the Boomba RMM and have had it on for 15,000 miles. I daily my car and have taken a 1500 mile road trip in it. Once it is broken in I think the vibration is exactly the right amount. It lets you feel the motor strain at low RPMS which makes the feeling of the clutch engagement way better. It also eliminates the wheel hop and makes the car feel all around more connected. Anyone who thinks the vibration is too much has either not let it brake in, over torqued the bolts, or is just not used to driving a sport compact with performance motor mounts.
The main issue i had was the roads where i live. They are just awful and having the RMM with those roads was a bit interesting

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Get the upper mount too. If you only have one of the two the vibration frequencies get out of wack and thats when it becomes annoying.
I did the primary R & D work on both the upper and lower mounts. I really like to say this without making you angry; but in all seriousness, you truly have no idea what you're commenting about.
I just recently got a catch can that was apart of a pretty sweet bundle with mods. Is there a any pros and cons to using one? I was told it's a must have
CC are available for both PCV and CCV sides. If you're not boosting beyond OEM levels, it isn't needed. However, if you tune to add boost beyond 20 psi , they become mandatory as blowby increases. Taking in consideration, how far you're actually going to go with modifying the VN then base your purchases accordingly.

I've currently finished R & D work with and for
and the Hyundai VN Dual Catch Can and Expansion Tank.

It will become available after the firs of the year along with their Oil Cooler Kit for the VN. It's a excellent kit and easy to install. Price will be equivalent to adding both a PCV and CCV CC along with getting rid of the troublesome plastic overflow reservoir.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did the primary R & D work on both the upper and lower mounts. I really like to say this without making you angry; but in all seriousness, you truly have no idea what you're commenting about.
So you're saying you're full of crap too ? For once that you'd post something that isnt fake news like your camber misconception...

Try again bud.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
No, I just stated, " you don't have any idea what you're commenting about, " with the TTR motor mounts. It's just that simply. It was't meant as personal dig, just that what you commented to, is incorrect. Just to set the record straight.

As you like, you're more here for the argument and proving your right, then joining in the spirit of the forum.

Don't need to try again, it was plain and clear the first time.

·
Super Moderator
1,793 Posts
Can we please just agree to disagree? We all HAVE to get along. Not everyone will always agree with everything. Pretend it's TV and just change the channel. Life is too short to fight, especially at this point in time. Please be cordial to one another or don't post. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
150 Posts
I dont even know what he's talking about at this point so whatever. However I'll keep on correcting him on anything he says about track driving and car setup because he's clearly out of his league there and I'd rather he not mislead people by making essays.

·
Super Moderator
1,793 Posts
Listen, I do NOT care if people have discussions or do not agree but I cannot keep being a referee between everyone all the time. Why get "cocky" with people? All that does is create animosity and it will not be put up with very long. ;) I will NOT let this forum go down the $hit hole. Everyone please be cordial to others. Life is way too short...

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I dont even know what he's talking about at this point so whatever. However I'll keep on correcting him on anything he says about track driving and car setup because he's clearly out of his league there and I'd rather he not mislead people by making essays.
I appreciate your comments and opinions but you obviously need a bit of correction, considering you don't own a VN, nor have ever set one up or tracked one. You're giving out information out which is only applicable to a 1994 Mazda Miata you track.

I'm not misleading anyone about the VN or it's track ability. I actually own one for well over a year now and engaged in R & D work with several performance companies/manufactures to include; suspension, engine specific modifications. We've tested and made specific track modifications, which you have no idea where to start with or with what. As I see it in reality, you're attempting to utilize information you've acquired from tracking a 1994 Mazda Miata. There is a world of difference between the two and how they're set up and perform.

Not only this ^ but if you personally believe I'm misleading you, then just utilize your prerogative and ignore my comments. I'm not the one putting you on the spot here. You're succeeding with this, all on your own. I'll take in consideration you haven't set foot in a VN and have very little first hand knowledge about the car in general, let alone anything specific. So, now explain how your experience with a 1994 Mazda Miata makes you an authority with the VN as either a daily street/track car or both?

Please enlighten everyone including myself with your specific expertise regarding the Veloster N and it's suspension setup and for what type of venues? I'd really like to hear it, in a manner that's expressed with some sincerity, self-control and something other than your personal ego and pride. I trying to help out the community as a whole. I'm pretty sure I know what you're attempting to do but you could surprise me and a few others, with a completely different attitude and mindset.

Oh and if I'm out of my league with the VN and knowing it's track ability, then what does that make you? You don't own one and haven't done any track or street setup with one?

Let's start, by staying on topic and with specific regards to a viable CC setup and the understanding why, for the VN specifically,. If that's possible for you?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts