Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
711 Posts
I installed Uniq rigid collars on my Genesis Coupe. It was one of the best mods I did. I swear by these and I have been looking so see if the N had them yet. I will pick these up now that there is a link. My wife is going to be so happy when I am under my car modding it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for an excellent write up! I was able to follow the instructions easily. If anyone tries these who already has the Tork Lower Control Arm Braces, you will have to remove them and reinstall them after putting in the front subframe collars. (My brain divided by zero when I didn’t see a hole in the lower control arm - and then I remembered that I had the braces installed. ;-) ) if you have the braces you will need to add a 17mm socket to the tool list and will likely have to remove the front wheels due to clearance limitations by the wheels.

I’ve not driven it yet but will soon.

Thanks again, Mike!

Jim

·
Administrator
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Your welcome, Jim. Always here if anyone needs help. (y)

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Not to take your thunder @Ghost.

Subframe and nut.

You’ll most likely have to refer to an Elantra GT I suspect based upon the chassis and subframes. This is where I’d start for a specific kit.

I don’t believe anyone has fit them to an i30N, at least not that I’m aware of. I spoke about them briefly on the N-Cars.net forum.

I have a complete set on my VN.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not to take your thunder @Ghost.

Subframe and nut.

You’ll most likely have to refer to an Elantra GT I suspect based upon the chassis and subframes. This is where I’d start for a specific kit.

I don’t believe anyone has fit them to an i30N, at least not that I’m aware of. I spoke about them briefly on the N-Cars.net forum.

I have a complete set on my VN.👍🇺🇸

Thanks @RedVN . There is a company here that has collars for the i30/i30N that fit in between chassis/sub frame and sub frame/nut.

Wondering if the chassis/sub frame collar is advantages or disadvantages. What are your thoughts?

Here's a link to them

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Yes, links the subframe and chassis together. The OEM bolt holes are OVERSIZED from the factory on both subframe and chassis for ease of assembly line installation. They’re not tight tolerances.

The more the chassis and subframe move against one another the larger the subframe holes become, actually oblong. The more the chassis and subframe shiftcauses a misalignment of chassis, subframe and steering alignment.

Once installed, you’ll feel an improvement in steering feedback, with a more precise chassis to frame fitment and alignment.

After they're installed, do a 4 wheel alignment and it will remain very precise, contributing to more precise steering thru the corners. The car will have better lateral balance as well.

Thank you for the link.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, links the subframe and chassis together. The OEM bolt holes are OVERSIZED from the factory on both subframe and chassis for ease of assembly line installation. They’re not tight tolerances.

The more the chassis and subframe move against one another the larger the subframe holes become, actually oblong. The more the chassis and subframe shiftcauses a misalignment of chassis, subframe and steering alignment.

Once installed, you’ll feel an improvement in steering feedback, with a more precise chassis to frame fitment and alignment.

After they're installed, do a 4 wheel alignment and it will remain very precise, contributing to more precise steering thru the corners. The car will have better lateral balance as well.

Thank you for the link.👍🇺🇸
Thanks for the explanation Hobbs. Sounds like something to definitely do.

Do you think the Uniq 8pcs (Collar between the Subframe/ Nut only) is sufficient or Magic Collar 16pcs (Collar between both the Subframe/ Nut and Subframe/Chasis) is needed?

·
Administrator
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Install on the top collars is going to be a pain. Good luck! (y)

Best regards,

-Mike

41 - 59 of 59 Posts