Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Turbo psi on stock cluster?

9K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Vilk 
#1 ·
My 2020 N PP boost never reaches 10 psi. I see videos of others routinely hiting 12 or more. Should I take mine in? I know nothing about turbo cars this is new to me. 8 psi is highest I can get mine opening it up.

#13 ·
15~ PSI on the digital gauge and 13.8 PSI on the graph was the highest I have seen though under general cruising (not really going over 5k RPM) I see about 8-13; 13.8 registered was at 121 MPH. Only thing different from stock is an aF Takeda Intake.

If you really want to test it you can always get up to about 55 MPH, get into 6th gear and just gun it (you'll definitely hear the turbo spool up, won't really go anywhere but I would wager if that doesn't get you numbers above 10 PSI I don't know what will).

Living with this thing the last few months in FL and our weird weather as of late (58-60 degree mornings to 91 degree afternoon's) I notice when it's colder out you get considerably less boost (which kinda makes sense, colder air is more efficient and you need less boost for the same power).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.