Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a lil concerned about the turbo flutter on my engine.i installed the turbosmart BoV and AEM intake and the amounts of turbo flutter baffles me when i lay off the gas at high rev. As far as i had understood flutter is bad for turbo but what really has me doubting myself is that ive seen videos of the engine fluttering just by taking the factory intake cover off....

Id appreciate any coments or advise as to if i should do something or if its fine

-Alex

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Change the bov solenoid to a MAC one and the flutter will basically disappear.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
That will control boost release of the bov much better. It feels crisper and cleaner. Oh, and your very welcome. I'm always around to help.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed this flutter too with the GFP Mach 2...but then I put the stock valve back on and took the airbox lid off...and the flutter is actually there stock. Although, after researching it a bit, it seems off throttle flutter is generally ok, but on throttle flutter is no good. I'm curious about those MAC solenoids but any info I can find is 50/50 if they are good or not... @Ghost you seem happy with yours?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed this flutter too with the GFP Mach 2...but then I put the stock valve back on and took the airbox lid off...and the flutter is actually there stock. Although, after researching it a bit, it seems off throttle flutter is generally ok, but on throttle flutter is no good. I'm curious about those MAC solenoids but any info I can find is 50/50 if they are good or not... @Ghost you seem happy with yours?
Idk about ghost but as far as i can tell the sxth sense one everyone giving it good reviews. Ove seen others get mixed but not the sxth one.. thats the one im buying tomorrow... hopefuly it will arrive fast

·
Registered
10 Posts
Idk about ghost but as far as i can tell the sxth sense one everyone giving it good reviews. Ove seen others get mixed but not the sxth one.. thats the one im buying tomorrow... hopefuly it will arrive fast
Please post about your experience!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Sxth which is just a long harness with needed connector and metal barbed fittings (key to my buying mine) version. Mine came quick, mounted it in a raceart mount that cost almost what the valve cost, and pair with a GFB respons BOV. I have no issues, but I never ran it aftermarket BOV sans MAC valve. Youtube my username for videos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts