Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a dealer in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area that has a VN to test drive. Dealers don't seem to have them. I'm not interested in test driving a non N.

·
Registered
368 Posts
They all have them as showroom cars and like to refuse test drives. I hate miami. Got my N delivered from a Tallahassee dealership just to avoid all the crap down here. I recommend going through inventories online a little up north and emailing them for test drives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They all have them as showroom cars and like to refuse test drives. I hate miami. Got my N delivered from a Tallahassee dealership just to avoid all the crap down here. I recommend going through inventories online a little up north and emailing them for test drives.
Funny you mention this. I walk into the dealer 2 miles from my home and the manager says we don't give test drives for the N because some ******* came in recently and beat the crap out of one of them. I told him, he was crazy to think I would buy a car without driving it, even a bit aggressively since it's a performance car.I told him I was 72 and that I drove a Camaro SS 1LE! He reconsidered.

I drove it, a PP, on a nice road with a few chicanes. The car handled even better than I anticipated. I couldn't tell much with the power because I didn't want to wind out a new car, but it did feel responsive, once you got into the throttle a bit. I'm very close to pulling the trigger. The main issue for me is if I'm gonna be OK with losing that V8 torque and power. The 1LE is an incredible handling car, but it's a big heavy thing and I've always had small, fun, good performing cars. Think R32, GTI (modded). I love the size and weight of the N.

Today might be the day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go to truecar.com and register for a Veloster N. You'll get a ton of calls, but some fierce deals when the dealerships fight each other. Go to which ever one is most competitive and ask to test drive one. Only do it if youre serious though. I went in with a tire-kicking attitude and walked out wanting a Veloster N pretty badly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts