1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
67 Posts
I personally would be more interested in another GR variant like the Yaris. Supercharging is the way to go if they really want to make a proper hot hatch that can rival segment leaders like the CTR.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What ever Toyota does, making sure power can indeed go beyond rival brands is what will matter at this point, done through different trims of course.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think that GR variants are likely to remain exclusive to Europe, while those of us in NA will receive the TRD models. Hopefully they take the TRD badging beyond mostly cosmetic changes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
GR versions will go world wide but the problem is establishing rapport with said markets. Americans will need to see a GR Supra before any other GR product.

Prior to that should be the upcoming Lexus LC-F and other new Lexus F products.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard to say what availability of GR models will be like, as we've only see the Yaris so far. I don't think that version of the Supra has been confirmed yet for production and I doubt Toyota would make that decision before getting some sales numbers in.

·
Banned
127 Posts
GR versions will go world wide but the problem is establishing rapport with said markets. Americans will need to see a GR Supra before any other GR product.

Prior to that should be the upcoming Lexus LC-F and other new Lexus F products.
Lexus LC-F is already a known entity. At $106K it's far beyond the new Toyota Supra or what Toyota will offer. Supra is simply a BMW coupe incognito. BMW power inline 6 power plant and drive train.

We owned the Lexus RC-F Performance Addition 467 hp and it's well beyond what Toyota will offer, let alone the LC-F @ 471 hp. The LC-FC is a concept nothing more.

Blessings and Peace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts