Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got the earliest appointment at my dealer to have this checked out but that is still a week away. Any info on what this may be would be helpful.

This is a new noise that seems to occur (or is only really audible) starting in 3rd gear and also is heard in 4th gear. I do not hear this in 1st or 2nd gear. It's like a clacking that occurs from the engine/transmission area and I have not been able to identify where exactly when the car is stopped -- but it may be barely audible after I drive for a brief amount of time.

noise stops if clutch is depressed

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Sounds like a clutch plate or flywheel rattle but this is only an educated guess. Might even be a CV joint but I can’t tell for sure from the video.

Any vibration in the steering wheel?

Your doing right by taking it to them.😃👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a clutch plate or flywheel rattle but this is only an educated guess. Might even be a CV joint but I can’t tell for sure from the video.

Any vibration in the steering wheel?

Your doing right by taking it to them.😃👍🇺🇸
no vibration in the steering wheel or at any specific speed or rpm.

appears mostly to occur once in 3rd gear or higher. 1st and 2nd have no issues.
Due to this I agree on the flywheel, clutch plate, or something in the tranny dealing with the higher gears.

its odd, disconcerting, and just plain agitating.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Don’t fret, it’s Hyundai‘s problem not yours. They have to make it good. Be sure to schedule a loaner or have them rent you a car, as this is a warranted issue.😃👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
421 Posts
Don’t fret, it’s Hyundai‘s problem not yours. They have to make it good. Be sure to schedule a loaner or have them rent you a car, as this is a warranted issue.😃👍🇺🇸
I've had absolutely no luck getting a loaner from my dealership. One of the reasons I keep my old car around still.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the transmission is shot and Hyundai is replacing it under warranty.

new challenge is they don't have a loaner and I am now paying for a rental car out of pocket.

anyone been reimbursed for out of pocket loaner car expenses?

·
Registered
421 Posts
So the transmission is shot and Hyundai is replacing it under warranty.

new challenge is they don't have a loaner and I am now paying for a rental car out of pocket.

anyone been reimbursed for out of pocket loaner car expenses?
I had no luck when my transmission needed to be changed. And I pressed the issue numerous times. Albeit it not with Hyundai corporate though. FYI, I lost track of time but I swear it took somewhere between one and two months for them to get a new transmission. It may be even longer now with all the supply chain issues globally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts